PDA

View Full Version : New Home for the CMS - Gloat

glenn bradley
05-01-2007, 1:37 AM
I love my flip-top tool stand but often found myself wanting the planer and the CMS availble at the same time. A post put me on to the clearance sale on the Ridgid SUV so away I went.

The flip side of my planer position will be occupied by my belt/disc sander that was hurting for a home. The SUV takes up minimal room when stored on end in the folded down position.

Happy, happy.

Tyler Howell
05-01-2007, 8:19 AM
Love my MSUV, have 2 of them.
Congrats Glenn!

charlie kapper
05-01-2007, 8:42 AM
What do you folks do about using a stop for consistent length cuts. I was about to purchase one but that seems like a deal killer to me.

Jim Becker
05-01-2007, 8:49 AM
Looks like a handy setup, Glenn. Congrats!

glenn bradley
05-01-2007, 9:12 AM
I have a sub-fence that I attach with a t-slot running the length of it for times when a stop block is required. This is the setup I used when the CMS was on the flip-top stand as well. Long repeated lengths are a very rare occurrence for me in the kind of pieces I make. I'm not sure how one would handle that requirement on a mobile unit but I'll bet some clever Creeker has some input.

Jason White
05-02-2007, 9:29 AM
I think the RIDGID stand has built-in stops (I believe the manual said they're part of the extensions). It's a metal L-bracket type thing attached to the roller. Haven't had a need to use it on mine, so I didn't pay very close attention.

JW

What do you folks do about using a stop for consistent length cuts. I was about to purchase one but that seems like a deal killer to me.

Don Bullock
05-02-2007, 9:36 AM
I love my flip-top tool stand but often found myself wanting the planer and the CMS availble at the same time. ...
Happy, happy.

Congratulations on your new setup. I've often wondered about some of these flip-top type stations and how people have access to only one of the machines at a time. It looks like you found a good solution to your dilemma.