PDA

View Full Version : source for replacement filter for Woodsucker

Brad Finney
04-29-2007, 6:31 PM
Anyone have an idea of where I could purchase a replacement filter for my Woodsucker cyclone? Really sad to see that company disappear.

Thanks

Matt Meiser
04-29-2007, 7:01 PM
Brad, you might get measurements of your filter and contact Wynn Environmental (http://www.wynnenv.com/). They seem to be happy to deal with woodworkers. I don't know anything about the Woodsucker filter, but I wouldn't be suprised if you have to do a little fabrication if it is a non-standard filter.

John Lanciani
04-30-2007, 9:36 AM
Brad,

I just went through the same exercise. The filter is an Airguard model AG9215-90P. They are readily available for about $95 plus shipping. If you can't find an Airguard rep local to you, I got mine form Air Filter Sales in MA (978)521-1977. The filter was drop shipped from the factory and I had it in a week.

John

Jim Becker
04-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm curious about why you need to replace it...

John Lanciani
04-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Jim,

I won't answer for Brad, but mine was pretty well used up. The woodsucker is a decent dust collector, but it's not the greatest at stopping the fines from reaching the filter due to the cone being too short. Since I use alot of exotics like Padauk that seem to turn to fine powder during machining I have to clean my filter fairly regularly and it was starting to show wear from cleaning. I figured that the $100 was better than having a hole in the filter and filling my lungs with dust.

In short, better safe than sorry.

Additionally, I noticed a definite increase in air flow with the new filter. After some time most filters will become permanantly blinded, and I guess mine was there.

John

Jim Becker
04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks for the explanation, John. I can understand that over time a lot of cleaning might cause some wear.

Brad Finney
05-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks John and Matt. I will try to order one.

As for Jim's question, my filter has quite a bit of life left, but I want to have one on hand, and I wanted to have a source identified while people who knew about the Woodsucker II Cyclones were still around to answer the question! I expect that the cyclone will outlast me, but the filter won't.

Again, thanks for the info on where I can order the filter.