PDA

View Full Version : Miter guage & Fence Storage

Jim Harsha
12-31-2003, 8:36 PM
How do you folks store your miter guage(s) when they are not being used? I have one with a long(36") that drives me bananas, constanly having to move it out of the way of something. Any ideas/photos appreciated. Thanks

Tyler Howell
12-31-2003, 8:52 PM
I pop the fence and aux fence in the rafters over my head. Haven't been brained once.
The miter gages store nicely in a pieces of PVC screwed to the wall. They wobble but they don't fall down.

TJH

Charles McKinley
12-31-2003, 10:14 PM
HI Jim,

I hang my Smartmiter on a nail on the wall. The previous owner had a gunrack (the type out of a pickup) mounted on the wall. I hang the Beisiemer in the bottom rack by the angle iron. When I finish the mobile base I plan on putting shelves in to hold them.

Jerry Todd
12-31-2003, 10:18 PM
How do you folks store your miter guage(s) when they are not being used? I have one with a long(36") that drives me bananas, constanly having to move it out of the way of something. Any ideas/photos appreciated. Thanks

Jim,
I have attached a half sheet of slat board next to my table saw and hang my extra miter gauges and table sled. Check out the picture.
Jerry

Mike Evertsen
12-31-2003, 10:24 PM
Jerry,,,,I like that set up,,how about some pictures of the white sled,,,,,,

Jerry Todd
12-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Jerry,,,,I like that set up,,how about some pictures of the white sled,,,,,,
Mike,
The white sled in the picture is one I purchased from Woodhaven. Works great but is heavy so I use the one I made most of the time. They are online at WWW.woodhaven.com
Jerry

Bruce Page
01-01-2004, 12:51 AM
Jim, I hang my miter gage on the side of the TS. The fence rarely leaves the TS top.

Terry Hatfield
01-01-2004, 1:00 AM
Jerry and Bruce,

Hmmm....looks like a couple more people other than me should be getting grief about their shops being too clean. :D

Nice pics guy's. Lets see some more.

Terry

Jamie Buxton
01-01-2004, 1:04 AM
I store the rip fence and the miter gauge on the base of my Unisaw, so they're right at hand. The rip fence goes on the right side of the base, at about a 30 degree angle from the floor. Although it is 36" long, there is space for it because it is at an angle. It sits on a shelf-like thing with an upturned front edge so it can't slide off. Putting it on the shelf is kinda like sliding it into a holster. The miter gauge sticks into a holster on the front of the machine, carefully set so that it doesn't get in the way of the knobs and cranks. I also hang push sticks on the front of the base -- again so they're right at hand. On the left of the base are a couple magnetic featherboards.

Bruce Page
01-01-2004, 12:41 PM
Jerry and Bruce,

Hmmm....looks like a couple more people other than me should be getting grief about their shops being too clean. :D

Nice pics guy's. Lets see some more.

Terry
Terry, how’s this ? It’s aluminum though. I’ll be spending a good part of the day cleaning it up, the stuff gets tracked everywhere!

Mark Singer
01-01-2004, 1:06 PM
Jerry,
Do you really build stuff in there? It looks like an operating room! Maybe I am a bit jealous...
Mark

Mark Singer
01-01-2004, 1:08 PM
<h2> Bruce Very clean....</h2>

Terry Hatfield
01-01-2004, 1:32 PM
Terry, how’s this ? It’s aluminum though. I’ll be spending a good part of the day cleaning it up, the stuff gets tracked everywhere!

NOPE!!!!! Metal does not count. Only wood.:D

t

Jerry Todd
01-01-2004, 1:36 PM
Jerry,
Do you really build stuff in there? It looks like an operating room! Maybe I am a bit jealous...
Mark
Mark,
Since I retired last year I have lots of time to clean up after each workday. It also helps that the workshop is only 60 feet from the house so when I get bored I find an excuse to hang out in the shop.
RETIREMENT IS GOLDEN ;)
Jerry

Bruce Page
01-01-2004, 2:00 PM
NOPE!!!!! Metal does not count. Only wood.:D

t

Sheesh, I get no respect! :D