PDA

View Full Version : Creekers in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

Karl Laustrup
04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Spring [AKA John] and Carol Reed came up to the Dells and we headed out for Joe and Mabel Bried's place about 9 AM. After a leisurely drive we arrived to a beautiful home in a very pastoral setting in the hills of north central Wisconsin.

It was good seeing Joe again [it was just about this time last year in La Crosse] and meeting his wife Mabel. After the introductions we got a tour of Joe's shop and I must say I'm envious. Especially of his mustard lathe. Save your pennies Ken, this one or the white Oneway. :D

Next it was some horse divers while we waited for Al and Tyler. We did miss Phyllis and Ron. You guys missed a great time. Carol has some stories as does Al, Tyler and Spring. :D Kept me laughing. And a toast
In case you can't make it out those are cans of OS. :D

Next it was time for a bite to eat. Tyler brought some yummy meatballs and Al brought a great salad. Joe and Mabel provided hamburgers, brats and beans [Bush's Baked of course] and Spring's wife Jill made some lemon squares for desert. YUM YUM!!

Next was the reason for this trip, although I don't really need a reason to meet up with fellow "Creekers". Spring was picking up his "CROW GUARD" tools from Al.
63536 63537

Some more stories and then it was time to head home. Thanks to Joe and Mabel for their hospitality. Al and Carol it was indeed a pleasure to meet you. Tyler, what can I say. Your still the thong man. Spring it's always a pleasure to go on a road trip with you.

I trust the others will chime in with their rememberances of the day.

Waiting for the next "Creeker" meet.

This is Karl................in Wisconsin Dells.............Looking Up............and letting everyone know what a great time I had. :D

Karl

Andy Hoyt
04-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Huh? What Gives? John M and no mullet!

Barry Stratton
04-28-2007, 11:05 PM
Looks like a great gathering of PACKER fans!!

Hey, did John hit anything in practice?????

Ken Fitzgerald
04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
YOU SORRY RASCALS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that OS was hot and 9 years old and tasted like putrified spring water!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

It looks like everyone had a great time!

I'm not the least bit envious........................well.....maybe..... .a little bit...:o

Randy Moore
04-29-2007, 8:02 AM
It appears that everyone was enjoying themselves
I wish I could have made so that I could see why Tyler KEEPS stepping in holes when pics are taken:confused: ;) :D :) WHY

randy

Tyler Howell
04-29-2007, 8:10 AM
WHY[/SIZE]

randy
Randy it is much safer down there;)

Tyler Howell
04-29-2007, 8:31 AM
Hey folks,
What a perfect day.
Mabel and Joe's place is awesome and ideal for a get togther on a beautiful afternoon.
We filled each others boots with stories of shop safety, aviation, guns and stupid people.
Great to see John, Karl and Joe again. Carol and Mabel stole the show. The ride out with Al was very informative, as I have been taking fire arms safety training.
Thanks just doesn't cut it.
Let's do it again:D

Tyler Howell
04-29-2007, 8:35 AM
[quote=Barry Stratton;576656]Looks like a great gathering of PACKER fans!!
Them's fightin words partner :mad: :p :p ]

John Schreiber
04-29-2007, 9:44 AM
Wish I could have been there.

Why weren't there any pictures of you all modeling the thongs?

Jim Becker
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Quite a bunch in that there picture!!! Looks like it was fun!

Carol Reed
04-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Had a GRAND time! Sorry more of you couldn't make it. Great food, great folks, great fun!

FWIW, Tyler stepped into the hole so he wasn't too much taller than me, when the picture was taken. What a gentleman! :cool:

The OS was cold! Sorry, Ken. :p

Thong pictures would never to do justice to the reality! For some things it is far better to be there! :D

Packer fans or no, no football was discussed until the ride home. Besides I have great patience with football fans. I lived in Charger country for 25 years! I don't care anymore!!!

Thanks Joe and Mabel for hosting. Lovely home, great shop, good cooks!

Thanks Karl and John for letting me tag along. It was a long day and I am glad I didn't have to drive all of it by myself. :)

Thanks, Tyler and Al. It was a real Pahhh--tee after you guys got there! :cool:

For the rest of you - - - neener, neener, neener. :D :D :D

Jim Becker
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Huh? What Gives? John M and no mullet!

Yea, looks like I'm not the only one with shorter hair than I have had in 20 years these days...:rolleyes:

Al Willits
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Wonderful day, Joe and Mabel were kind enough to host this gathering and they really did a great job, nice house and a wood shop to die for.
They supplied enough food to feed twice the number that came, plus what we all brought, made sure nobody was going to go away hungry, the food was excellent!!
Karl made some of the best salsa I've had in a long time...need that recipe Karl...:)
Tyler's got how to make BBQ meatballs down to a art (another recipe needed) and Joe did some really nice stuff on the grill, heck everything was great, thanks all.

John even brought something for the wife, considering it was her birthday and she couldn't make it I/we thought that was a very nice gesture.
I'll post some pictures of what he brought hopefully....seems they made it.

Your probably wondering what a can of Bush's beans is doing in the picture, its to remind me not to bring B&M beans to a pot luck diner when the host works at Bush's...I was only seconds away from the lynching when they decided to feel sorry for me...they also sent me home with a bunch of beans and chile...Bush's of course...:D :D

I have to say it was an excellent gathering, nice people, great stories and a chance to meet new people.
Carol you remind me of a close friend we used to know, she unfortunately has passed away, but you two could be sisters, I really mean that in the most complimentary way, and I only wished Lori could have made it to meet you and the rest.
Thanks for the education on routers btw...:)

All of you would be welcome in our home anytime.
Thanks for a great time.
Hope it happens again soon.

Al.....who is spending the rest of the day doing honey do's in penitence for Beasty's birthday, and me being elsewhere.

Dennis Peacock
04-29-2007, 2:02 PM
YOU SORRY RASCALS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that OS was hot and 9 years old and tasted like putrified spring water!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

It looks like everyone had a great time!

I'm not the least bit envious........................well.....maybe..... .a little bit...:o

You Tell'em Ken!!!!!!!

One of these day.....one of these days.....I'm going to make it to Idee-Hoe and visit you....so you had just BETTER be ready. :D

Congrats to all you Creeker's that got together at this gathering. It's always great to meet up with a fellow Creeker. :cool:

Phyllis Meyer
04-29-2007, 4:41 PM
Hi Everyone! We really missed not being there! I'm sure you had a wonderful time! That's it, I am planning an Anitigo gathering! You all can bring your wood-working treasures and we can laser some beautiful stuff in them! Who made the wine bottle/glass holder? Can you P.M. me (Would like to talk to you about making some)!

Have a great day...the weather is awesome!
Ron & Phyllis:)

Nancy Laird
04-29-2007, 4:46 PM
Hey, Phyllis, if you're gonna make those wine bottle/glass holders, be sure you laser the glasses that go into them! Hope you have a rotary attachment for your laser!!

That gathering looks like it was fun. Wish I lived closer - actually no I don't, because I'd have to put up with snow in the winter!!! I like where I live!

Nancy

Phyllis Meyer
04-29-2007, 6:15 PM
Nancy,

Yes as a matter of fact we do laser the glasses! My husband made a beautiful holder, but...he is so far behind with everything he makes for me plus he has that other full-time job:)

Wisconsin is beautiful this time of year! Come on up!

Phyllis:)

John Miliunas
04-29-2007, 8:15 PM
OK, so I'm late to this party BUT, I made the one yesterday in plenty of time! :D

A wonderful time was had by all. I can't hardly add anything more than what's already been said. Great company, fantastic hosts, enjoyable ride to/from (Thanks Karl!) and I now have enough arms for pests AND for some nice target practice! :)

As much as I enjoyed everyone's company, I must say, there was a "standout" in the crowd, namely one Carol Reed. Absolutely, positively one of the most knowledgeable, articulate and animated people you ever want to converse with! I'm not kidding...If this young lady decided to not pursue Ministry or Woodworking, she could easily make a living doing stand up! :D Carol, what a delivery!!! Thanks for the laughs! :D

Oh, and speaking of Carol, here she is sharing some more words of wisdom with Mable and Al. Thanks again to all who participated! And to the rest who didn't make the trip, and I quote: "neener, neener, neener!" :D :D :D :cool:

Dave Richards
04-29-2007, 9:30 PM
Looks like I missed a good time.

Maybe I'll be invited to the next one?

Al Willits
04-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Ah.....John, if I'm in that picture I need to get my bifocals fixxed....:D :D

Kinda looks like Mabel and Joe to me....hehehe

I would hope so Dave, we still have to get together, least before next winter...:D

Al

Tyler Howell
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't know Dave, That dedicated family life is getting in the way of fun:rolleyes: :D
Welcome mat is always out for you buddy.

Karl Laustrup
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Looks like I missed a good time.

Maybe I'll be invited to the next one?

You most certainly did Dave.

Had you spoken up we would have welcomed you with open arms. I am always looking to meet with fellow "Creekers". See my tag line below. It's the truth.

Consider this an open invitation to the next gathering and if you get down this way [The Dells] I'm less than a mile off I-90/94.

Karl

Karl Laustrup
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
One of these day.....one of these days.....I'm going to make it to Idee-Hoe and visit you....so you had just BETTER be ready. :D

Idee-ho is one of the few states [4] I've never been in. I going to try and accomplish that trip also, Dennis. But I'm waiting until Ken's shop is finished. :eek: ;) :D Then I'll bring some OS and enjoy the company. :)

Karl

Dave Richards
04-30-2007, 11:24 AM
You most certainly did Dave.

Had you spoken up we would have welcomed you with open arms. I am always looking to meet with fellow "Creekers". See my tag line below. It's the truth.

Consider this an open invitation to the next gathering and if you get down this way [The Dells] I'm less than a mile off I-90/94.

Karl

Karl, sorry if I gave the wrong impression. I was invited to this gathering. I had to pass though because we were celebrating Ian's third birthday on Saturday. Hopefully I can make the next one.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Idee-ho is one of the few states [4] I've never been in. I going to try and accomplish that trip also, Dennis. But I'm waiting until Ken's shop is finished. :eek: ;) :D Then I'll bring some OS and enjoy the company. :)

Karl

Were you planning on my shop being finished and visiting in this lifetime?:D

Karl Laustrup
04-30-2007, 1:42 PM
Were you planning on my shop being finished and visiting in this lifetime?:D

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

NO!!!;) :D :D

But we can dream, can't we Ken??? :)

Karl

Joe Mioux
04-30-2007, 10:36 PM
John M. what is the pistol? looks like a .22 Ruger... ?

btw, what is that hanging out of your mouth.

looks like everyone had a fine and fun time.

Joe

Joe Breid
04-30-2007, 11:09 PM
It was great to see John, Karl, and Tyler again and to meet Carol and Al.

Mabel and I enjoyed visiting with all of you and sharing and listening to the numerous stories that were told.

Since you all behaved yourself while you were here Mabel says she will continue to let me hang out with you.:D

John, Thanks for the blocks of wood that you brought.

Joe