PDA

View Full Version : and 2 jewelry boxes

Mack Cameron
04-28-2007, 3:31 PM
Both boxes were made for grand-daughters. This one has a Cherry carcase with a Curly Maple raised panel lid.

This one is made from Wormy Butternut with a Cherry raised panel lid.

First time posting pics within the narrative. Lead-pipe cinch following Aaron Koehl's instructions.
And thanks to anyone who attempted to help. Believe me, I didn't do one thing different in posting pics, but that message through me off and wouldn't allow me to post.

Mike Weaver
04-28-2007, 4:20 PM
Mack,
I'm sure your Grand Daughters will really love them!
They are beautiful!

Are they also from the "Basic Box Making" book by Tauntn Press you referenced in your other thread?

I haven't leafed through it yet, but if so, there are some excellent boxes in it & you've executed them exceptionally well.

THANKS so much for sharing your work.
Well done I say! :D
-Mike

Al Killian
04-28-2007, 4:30 PM
That is a exellent box. I like the looks of cherry and curly maple. Great job.

Mack Cameron
04-28-2007, 7:23 PM
Mack,
I'm sure your Grand Daughters will really love them!
They are beautiful!

[quote]Are they also from the "Basic Box Making" book by Tauntn Press you referenced in your other thread? Hi Mike; they are also from the same book with my variations thrown in. It's the "Classic Jewelry Box" pge 121. Mine are slightly larger, outside dimensions 9" X 14 1/2" X 3 1/2" (Golden Mean), the other one is slightly larger again. Please don't ask me which is the larger, they were delivered yesterday, and I have no idea which is the larger. I think the cherry carcased one though.

It is my pleasure to share my work. Some view it as a form of bragging. So be it!

John Michaels
04-28-2007, 11:36 PM
You did an amazing job on those boxes. I especially like the one with the curly maple. What did you use for finish?

Corey Hallagan
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Well done Mac, those are beautiful jewlery boxes there! What's not to like? Some real fine work Mac.

Corey

Neil Lamens
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Hi Mack:

Pretty nice!!!!! I was wondering.......what machine set-up (router table/TS???) you used to make all the dado's on the box interior and the lift-out tray.

Neil

Don Bullock
04-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Those are beautiful gifts for your grand daughters. I'm sure that they will love and cherish them.