PDA

View Full Version : Sample ideas needed for shop drawer boxes

Jeff Kerr
04-28-2007, 8:30 AM
Morning,

I am ready to start on some drawer boxes for my SCMS station that I completed here. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=558831&postcount=1

I plan on using some ply that I have in stock already. Nothing fancy as they will be behind the cabinet doors. A couple of deep well boxes to hold tools and such. I think I will use pocket screws for the boxes. I do have a dovetail jig but have never used it. I wouldn't mind starting here but I am not sure of the learning curve and I would like to finish these quick.

If you have some pics I would love to see them. Also if you can show how you attached the draw glides to the cab side would be great. I am using epoxy coated glides. (Full extesion glides were a little to much for the budget for this project).

glenn bradley
04-28-2007, 8:35 AM
This is the cabinet under my bench top DP. My hinges allow the door to swing clear so I just mounted the slides to the cabinet sides "euro" style. the drawers are 1/2" bbply with melamine covered 1/4" hardboard for bottoms. Pocket hole construction:

If your doors will not be clear of the glides, build spacers inside the cabinet to narrow the drawer and glide mounting points.