PDA

View Full Version : Corel Draw 11 Upgrade

Barbara Gill
12-31-2003, 6:44 PM
I have been doing some searches and I can't find out if Corel Draw 9 can be upgraded to Corel Draw 11. Does anyone know?

Keith Outten
12-31-2003, 11:34 PM
Barbara,

I'm bettin that Corel 11 will upgrade from any version. I purchased the Corel 10 upgrade and installed from version 6. When you install the upgrade it installs the entire program, it will stop and ask you to put your old version in the drive and verify. The new version will then continue on installing the rest of the program.

Barbara Gill
01-01-2004, 6:36 AM
Barbara,

I'm bettin that Corel 11 will upgrade from any version. I purchased the Corel 10 upgrade and installed from version 6. When you install the upgrade it installs the entire program, it will stop and ask you to put your old version in the drive and verify. The new version will then continue on installing the rest of the program.

Thanks Keith.

Barbara Gill
01-02-2004, 4:58 PM
I have the opportunity to buy Corel Draw Graphics Suite 11 the Academic version at a substantial savings over just the croel Draw 11. It is supposed to do everything the regular professional version can do. Does anyone know what the difference is between the two?

Jim Schmoll
01-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Just saw a ad that stated Corel Draw 12 will be shiping 10 Feb 04. Upgrade cost was I think around $175.00. Hope this is not to late getting to you..

Jim From Idyllwild CA

Robert Hensley
02-21-2004, 9:55 AM
I have been doing some searches and I can't find out if Corel Draw 9 can be upgraded to Corel Draw 11. Does anyone know?

Yes Corel 9 can be upgraded to 11. However, as noted on the Corel 11 box some of the previous versions cannot. Here are the upgrade eligibility requirements on the 11 box: "To purchase this product you must own a previous licensed version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, CorelDRAW Office Edition, CorelDesigner 9, or CorelDRAW 10 for MacIntosh. Please note trial versions of CorelDRAW Select, CorelDRAW Classic, CorelDRAW Essentials and CorelDRAW 8 LE for MacIntosh are not eligible."

BUT, I have had friends that have bought the upgrade thinking it was the full version. Corel support was accomodating, and gave them the passwords.

And, you can download Trial versions on the website at no charge. My experience is that Corel wants you to own their program.

If you are using 9, remember Corel 12 is out, and it's packed with a lot of great features. You can go straight to 12. Make sure you are using 2000/XP as 12 does not work on 98's.

Hope this helps,

Robert