View Full Version : Plans and descriptive articles for jigs and furniture

David Dundas
04-27-2007, 8:11 PM
I have plans and descriptive articles for jigs and furniture that I have designed available for free download from my blog http://rockerswoodwork.blogspot.com/ . The blog is in the early stages of construction, but you can already download a precision mortising jig, a mortising jig (lite), a tablesaw tenoning jig, and a precision box-joint jig, as well as an article on a zigzag chair built with bridle joinery. I will add new articles to the blog from time to time. The articles and plans are in metric units. But conversion is not that hard - just divide millimeters by 25.4 to get inches.

David

David Dundas
04-28-2007, 8:29 PM
It was brought to my attention that the link to the Morticing jig (lite) on my blog was broken. The link is now fixed.

I was happy to find that there have been over 80 downloads of plans and articles from the blog in the past two days.

David Dundas

jonathan snyder
04-29-2007, 1:30 AM
David,

Nice site. You had sent me your mortise and tenon jig plans a year or so back. I built both, and can say they are both great designs and work very well. I modified your tenon jig a bit and put two pieces of t-track across the front for hold downs rather than use a clamp.

Thanks for sharing you great ideas!

Jonathan

David Dundas
04-29-2007, 1:30 PM
Jonathon,

Thanks for your kind words.

It would be good to see a picture of your modification to the tenoning jig. I now realize that it is not necessary to incorporate a dial guage on that jig, since it is easy enough to measure the distance of the tablesaw's blade from the face of the jig with an electronic caliper. I just haven't got around to changing the article on the jig yet.

Similarly, a dial guage is not essential for measuring the travel of the fence of my mortising jig, although it is more convenient to have one.

David

Wes Bischel
04-29-2007, 4:00 PM
David,
Nice work! Both your furniture and jigs are really well done. Thanks for taking the time to share them and putting together the website. It is most appreciated.

Wes

jonathan snyder
04-29-2007, 4:31 PM
David,

There is a picture in this thread http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=47602. The block of wood on he face gives some support behind the piece being cut. I can set it perpendicular to the saw table, to keep things plumb. The hold down clamps in the t-track work well. I think the dial indicator helps to dial in the tenon thickness with out too much trial and error.

Having said all that, I'm learning to cut M&T's be hand. It's not quite so loud and dusty!!! I'll be keeping the jigs around for a while, as i still need some practice with my tenon saw!!

Jonathan