PDA

View Full Version : should have stayed in bed

Robert Mickley
04-27-2007, 7:39 PM
Started out with what was supposed to be an easy day. had to haul 5 loads of stone to a guys driveway and call it a day. Figured I would be done by two. NOT. Get there with the first load and the homeowner isn't there, the excavator is broke down halfway on the driveway right at the biggest mud hole of course. Backd around it as far as I could and dumped. Got on his 650 JD dozer and made a new section of driveway. Coming back with the second load I meet a big 4 wheel drive farm tractor. Narrow county road, 15 ton of stone on board. I moved over just a bit too much. Edge of the road gave way and in the ditch I went. :mad: Two wreckers and three hours later back on the road, Of course now I have a bent up mirror and an exhaust stack that leans backwards. Oh well at least I didn't get any tickets. Helps when the Deputy went to school with the wrecker operator and he happens to be a friend :D:D

Fred Voorhees
04-27-2007, 8:10 PM
Jeez, and I thought that I only had days such as that. I guess things could have been worse. It could have been snowing like the dickens.:eek:

Charles McKinley
04-27-2007, 9:12 PM
OUCH!

Glad that it wasn't worse. So how much was the wrecker bill?

I've been training with my brother to run his roll back to NJ and back while he is in Kuwait so I haven't been around much.

Tomorrow is another day.

Robert Mickley
04-27-2007, 10:21 PM
Don't know what the wrecker bill is yet Chuck. I'm almost afraid to ask :rolleyes:

Your Fred snow would have been worse

Curt Harms
04-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Doesn't that just peg yer fun meter?:mad:. Sorry You had a day like that, makes You appreciate the good ones.