PDA

View Full Version : Tool gloat!

Patrick Taylor
04-27-2007, 7:34 PM
I ordered a 3-wheel buffing system and 8" adapter from Don Pencil on Monday, and it showed up today! :D (Not bad for ground shipping from CA to MD) After struggling with wipe-on poly but having great success with the Liberon lathe polish and wax, I'm really excited to get started. Now I have to get those kids into bed!

Robert McGowen
04-27-2007, 8:23 PM
Your post shows 6:34 pm on a Friday. You must be really excited and either have very small children or you are about to have some very upset teenagers with that bed time. :D Good luck with the buffing one way or the other.

Patrick Taylor
04-27-2007, 8:29 PM
Your post shows 6:34 pm on a Friday. You must be really excited and either have very small children or you are about to have some very upset teenagers with that bed time. :D Good luck with the buffing one way or the other.
Answer: Really excited with kids 5 and 10. It was actually 7:34 (eastern) and the 5 y.o. was getting ready for bed . The 10 y.o. couldn't care less! :)

Bernie Weishapl
04-27-2007, 9:42 PM
Congrats on the new buffing system. You are going to like it.

Ken LaSota
04-27-2007, 9:47 PM
Patrick I bought the same system a month ago and I can tell you I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner. You will love it.
Ken

Ken Fitzgerald
04-27-2007, 10:25 PM
I have the Beal version of that buffer! Worth every penny!

WARNING....hang on to your turnings with a death grip! That buffer will bounce stuff off the lathe, ricochet off the wall and the ceiling before it hits the floor behind you! I've had tears in my eyes over it!

Patrick Taylor
04-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Here are some results of the buffing system. It's a breeze to use, very fast, and gives great results! :D

Jonathon Spafford
04-29-2007, 12:41 AM
The finish on those bowls are great! Really brings out the wood!