PDA

View Full Version : outsiders looking in?

Fred Voorhees
04-27-2007, 6:59 PM
A quick question for those who may know the answer. I just recently posted the pictures of the platform bed that I built for my niece over in the general woodworking forum. My Brother and his wife wanted to take a look at the series and I gave them the address for that post. I just got a call a few minutes ago and it was them asking me why they couldn't view the pictures in the post. I didn't know that this was the reality - or is it? I had always thought that anyone that could call up the site could click on any post and view any pictures that were included therein. Isn't this the way it is? And if so, what is a possible reason why they couldn't? I ended up giving them my username and password to try to sign in and see if that did the trick, and it did. I am now wondering if you actually need to be a member of the forums to view the pictures. They did tell me that they could see the text describing the pictures in the posting. Anyone have a clue about what might have happened here?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-27-2007, 7:11 PM
Fred.....A while back when bandwidth became a problem...IIRC...they set the software up so that you had to be a member to view photos...at least, that's the way I remember it.

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Jim Becker
04-27-2007, 8:34 PM
Picture viewing requires registration and log in.

Fred Voorhees
04-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Learn something every day I guess.