PDA

View Full Version : difference between rotozip rz20 and a laminate trimmer.

Luis Oliveira
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM
hi all,
I wanted to know what is the diference between a rotozip say rz20 and a lamite trimmer say Bosch PR20EVSK?

I need to trim some sides in a cabinet I am building I am looking for an easy to use tool to help my trim the excess.

glenn bradley
04-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I believe the RZ's are 1/8" shaft. I even sometimes get nervous using my Colt (for routing) even though it has a 1/4" shaft. I would think the RZ would work OK as a laminate trimmer but I would hesitate to use it as a palm router.

Bill Jepson
04-27-2007, 12:48 PM
hi all,
I wanted to know what is the diference between a rotozip say rz20 and a lamite trimmer say Bosch PR20EVSK?

I need to trim some sides in a cabinet I am building I am looking for an easy to use tool to help my trim the excess.

If the Bosch is wihtin your price range, buy it! This is one of my most frequently used WW power tools. I'm constantly using it for small jobs, trimming, working steps and hinges I love this tool. I am happier with this tool than anything except my 4-1/2 LN hand plane.

Bill

Don Bullock
04-27-2007, 1:03 PM
I think of the RZ as a cutter as opposed to a trimmer. I don't think that my RZ bits would be good for trimming laminate. Since the model I have has several different speeds, if I could find a lamimate trimming bit that would fit my RZ it could be used for that purpose. Hmmmm interesting thought.

Bill Jepson
04-27-2007, 3:48 PM
I think of the RZ as a cutter as opposed to a trimmer. I don't think that my RZ bits would be good for trimming laminate. Since the model I have has several different speeds, if I could find a lamimate trimming bit that would fit my RZ it could be used for that purpose. Hmmmm interesting thought.

Don, I totally agree on the RZ, I use mine to start panel holes. I have a little jig I made to do 2 & 4 plug eletrical box cutouts, which it does very well. I'd stay with the Bosch for lam. trimming though.
Bill