PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry-Music Boxes Pics

Bob Lasley
12-31-2003, 4:18 PM
Thought I would post some more of my Christmas projects. These are the five jewelry/music boxes I made for the females of the family. The first three, left to right, are made from Canarywood/Paduak, Redheart and Canarywood/Walnut. The second two are Purpleheart and Lacewood. All have colored glass inserts in the tops. Finish is Bartleys Gel Varnish. Interiors are 1/4" Baltic Birch with black flocking. Third picture is a closer shot of the Redheart box.

Thanks for looking,
Bob

Gene Collison
12-31-2003, 4:24 PM
Thought I would post some more of my Christmas projects. These are the five jewelry/music boxes I made for the females of the family. The first three, left to right, are made from Canarywood/Paduak, Redheart and Canarywood/Walnut. The second two are Purpleheart and Lacewood. All have colored glass inserts in the tops. Finish is Bartleys Gel Varnish. Interiors are 1/4" Baltic Birch with black flocking. Third picture is a closer shot of the Redheart box.

Thanks for looking,
Bob

Bob,

Very very nice!!! One question, how did you cut the slot for the spline in the miter joint in the top? Plate joiner!

Gene

Dick Parr
12-31-2003, 4:32 PM
Very nice Bob

I'm thinking that maybe that will be my next project. Next year. :D

Have a happy one.

Bob Lasley
12-31-2003, 4:58 PM
Bob,

Very very nice!!! One question, how did you cut the slot for the spline in the miter joint in the top? Plate joiner!

Gene

Gene,

I built a little jig and used my router with a 1/8" straight bit. I just can't pass up an opportunity to build a jig! :)

Bob

Roger Fitzsimonds
12-31-2003, 5:05 PM
Very Nice Bob,

I especially like the contrasting splines in the sides and the miters. Did you caulk the glass in or let float? I like building boxes and hope to get as talented as you are someday.

Roger

James Carpenter
12-31-2003, 5:09 PM
Bob,
How did you do the flocking. Do you have the 20 dollar flocking kit from Rockler or do you have something better. I did a bandsaw box that i wanted to include flocking but have been unable to find a good quality flocker. Beautiful job on those music boxes. I posted my music box on an earlier string ("music box ideas" i think), but with a 72 note player. Them things get very expensive, i hope LOML appreciated it.

James Carpenter
12-31-2003, 5:14 PM
Bob,
Can i talk you into emailing me a better picture of the Lacewood Box. I have about 30 - 35 bf i picked up on a good deal but LOML thinks its ugly and says she doesn't want anything made of that wood. I want to show her a completed project in it if you don't mind. Thanks

Mark Singer
12-31-2003, 5:14 PM
fine work Bob!
Mark

Ron McNeil
12-31-2003, 5:37 PM
Bob, those are beauitful Jewelry/Music boxes. You do great work. I'm sure the women of the family will be vedry pleased.

Ace Karner
12-31-2003, 6:42 PM
Bob beautiful boxes, and the craftsmanship is number one all the way. You must have made some ladies real happy.

ace

Steve King
12-31-2003, 7:02 PM
Bob,
Looks like you have been very busy the past few months. All your projects look great and you can tell you have put a lot of time and heart into your work.
Hope you and everyone else has a Happy New Year!!!
Steve

Julie Wright
12-31-2003, 10:22 PM
Very nice. You have been very busy. where did you get the plans? can you show us a close up of the Canarywood/Paduak thanks