PDA

View Full Version : Interesting news from Lie Neilsen

Joel Goodman
04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Some interesting news from Lie Neilsen. The 7 1/2 low angle jointer now has an adjustable mouth -- the price is unchanged. For those of us LN fans thinking about the LV version because of the adj mouth the LN now has this feature (the price of the LN is just a little higher).

Also 55 degree frogs are also new -- as well as the HA 50 degree that they've made for a while.

Mike K Wenzloff
04-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Don't forget about the also new LN large router plane...

http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/temp/ln/router_planes_0007a.jpg

Take care, Mike

Scott Thornton
04-27-2007, 11:38 AM
What is the router plane used for?

Mike K Wenzloff
04-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Hi Scott,

A router plane can be used for several things, like stopped or through dadoes and grooves, stringing inlay, leveling tenons/lap joints, etc.

So for instance, one can layout for a stopped dado, drill the stopped end using an auger bit, pare the end of the dado so it is square, saw the sides of the dado, chisel out the waste and then use the router plane to even up and make the dado a consistent depth.

Take care, Mike

Dave Anderson NH
04-27-2007, 12:24 PM
In addition to what Mike indicated, it is great for doing hinge mortises for boxes, carcasses, etc. I haven't used any of my people powered routers for almost a full week now.;)

Eddie Darby
04-27-2007, 4:44 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! I went to the site, but didn't see any pics of the
7 1/2 with the adjustable mouth. Hopefully someone will post one soon as a gloat! :)

Doug Shepard
04-27-2007, 4:53 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! I went to the site, but didn't see any pics of the
7 1/2 with the adjustable mouth. Hopefully someone will post one soon as a gloat! :)

http://www.lie-nielsen.com/catalog.php?grp=1248

Eddie Darby
04-27-2007, 5:47 PM
All I see Doug is the 7 1/2 with no adjustable mouth. Thanks.

Doug Shepard
04-27-2007, 6:12 PM
Eddie
They're apparently not hyping this up as a new model and dont specifically show a pic of the mouth, but about halfway down the page it says
-New! Adjustable mouth opening