PDA

View Full Version : New member seeing if I can attach a picture

Larry Browning
12-31-2003, 2:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I have just recently discovered this forum and am enjoying it so far. I haven't had very good luck posting pictures on other forums, so I thought I would try this one. Hopefully this is a picture of the baby cradle I made for my 1st grandchild.

Noah Alkinburgh
12-31-2003, 2:12 PM
Looks great! Welcome to SMC. Glad you decided to join us. Looking forward to seeing many of your projects.

Noah

Ace Karner
12-31-2003, 2:18 PM
Beautiful, more info please, wood type, finish etc.

Welcome to the creek, even if you are showing some of us old hands up right from the start :)

ace

Bob Lasley
12-31-2003, 2:38 PM
Larry,

Very, very nice cradle and welcome to SMC. It's always good to have another "local" in the group. I consider anyone within two hours of here to be local. You are in the midst of a great group of Arkansas woodworkers. Let me forewarn you though, they are all just a little on the strange side! :D Hope to see more of your posts and pics.

Bob

Dick Parr
12-31-2003, 2:43 PM
Welcome to SMC. That is a beautiful cradle.

Todd Burch
12-31-2003, 3:17 PM
Welcome Larry to your new woodworking forum! Nice cradle! Looks like it might be birch or maple? Do tell...

Todd.

Larry Browning
12-31-2003, 3:49 PM
Thanks for the comments.
Actually this is made from Walnut that my father had cut from our family farm over 30 years ago. There was a whole barn hayloft full of it. There was quite a bit of waste to get the best wood for the cradle.
I added a walnut gel stain and finished it with watco dainsh oil.
My daughter in-law informed us she was with child in January of 2003 and I said I was going to have to get busy in order to get it finished in time. She said "You should have plenty of time, the baby is not due until the end of July." I thought I might make it, but I needed to get going! The baby was born July 22 (the day after my birthday) and I had finished the cradle only about a week before.
I could be the slowest woodworker on the planet!

Bob,
I am originally from Tulsa (Will Rogers High class of 70) I think I'm going to like it here!

Dennis Peacock
12-31-2003, 4:07 PM
Larry.....WELCOME to SMC.!!! It's nice to see another from AR on the forum. Nice craddle there and excellent work. Keep'em comin' and let us know what you are working on.

Ron McNeil
12-31-2003, 4:32 PM
Larry, welcome to Saw Mill Creek. There's a bunch of talented woodworkers on this forum who are more than willing to share their knowledge with anyone who asks for it. From the looks of your baby cradle your perty talented yourself. The cradle looks great.