PDA

View Full Version : Shark Guard order concerns

Paul Simmel
04-26-2007, 9:56 PM
I mean no disrespect and have no intention to cast aspersions… but I Paypaled and order on the 6th and have had no responses to numerous emails and I am now quite concerned.

According to the website: http://www.leestyron.com/sharkguard.php the man is quite backed up.

I’m not looking to besmirch.. I’m looking for consolation!

What’s up with the lack of communication? I don’t like this feeing.

Others? Same?

Paul

John Hoelmer
04-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I don't think there's anything to be concerned about. Lee indicated he was backed up a bit after I inquired about my order. I received my Shark guard a couple of weeks ago after waiting about 6-7 weeks.

Bill Leung
04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
I placed an order a while ago as well, march 27th to be exact. Like John, after my e-mail inquiry, I always got a response. As a matter of fact, the last e-mail I sent was yesterday and he responded today. You might want to give him a call in case your e-mails were not getting through. He is pretty straight forward about being behind. Don't know if it helps if we are in the same boat. I wouldn't worry.

frank shic
04-27-2007, 1:11 AM
Yes, Lee has clearly got to get his manufacturing up to speed to meet the increasing demand for his AWESOME product! It seemed to take FOREVER compared to an amazon.com order but it is well worth the wait I can assure you.

Paul Simmel
04-27-2007, 2:40 AM
I sent four emails, along with Paypal info, two or three requesting just an acknowledgment of the order. My last email requested the same, but that if I didn’t hear back I’d inquire on the forums. So here I am.

At least some of you are getting email returned. That’s good. I can wait for the guard, certainly, but I do not like being left in the dark and frankly it’s starting to rub me the wrong way now.

Michael McCoy
04-27-2007, 6:30 AM
It may not apply but have you checked your junk mail and spam filters?

Daryl Brayman
04-27-2007, 7:58 AM

I would listen to Michael, check your computer filtering. I ordered a shark guard last year. it did take a while to get, around 6 weeks or so. But my emails were all ways answered promptly

Regards, Daryl

Al Willits
04-27-2007, 8:21 AM
fwiw I sent him a email with a question two days ago and got a reply a day later.

Al

Russ Buddle
04-27-2007, 8:55 AM
No wonder the man is running behond on orders, with all these emails to answer...:)

Dennis Meek
04-27-2007, 9:01 AM
I ordered about a month ago, sent one email last week and it was answered promptly. I know he is working as fast as he can with all the orders so I am not concerned. My motto is "Sometimes it takes a little longer to go first class".

Alex Berkovsky
04-27-2007, 9:19 AM
Paul,
Lee has always answered my email promptly. I am wondering if your emails are not getting through to him for whatever reason. Have you tried calling him? I know Lee as being a class individual and I am sure there is a legit reason why he hasn't replied. You'll love your Shark Guard.

Lee Styron
04-27-2007, 9:58 AM
Thanks Guys.
Hiya Paul.
My apologies if you aren't receiving my emails.
I have responded each time and until yesterday, wasn't aware that you weren't receiving them.
You can PM me here.

Every now and then I am not on the recipients email okie dokie list and it goes through as Spam or doesn't go through at all.
Yesterday I even changed the subject in an effort to let your spam filter let it through, but I guess it failed as well.
Last ditch efforts can be made in the form of a phone call. The number is on my site. I rarely get a chance to answer the phone, but do try to contact when a message or a number is left.
I did receive your order and it is on the list. Bill L's is going in today's mail.
I do currently have a record volume of orders and I am working on other cnc machines at night in an effort to increase production. I build them as fast as I can and still try to maintain quality. When I cut corners, I do not like the results and wouldn't ship the result. They are still pretty much all hand cut and made with the exception now of the dado's and grooves in the lexan.
Time is certainly my biggest issue.
Thanks a bunch, Guys.

Bill Leung
04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Lee,

Thanks for the update especially on my order.

I for one would certainly not want you to rush your production and sacrifice quality, safety...or go overseas.

Tom Cooney
04-27-2007, 1:05 PM
I have a homemade blade guard / dust collection hood but was not happy with my homemade splitters. I picked up the splitter set with pawls from Lee about two months ago for my PM64. I actually didn't want the pawls but since my wife handles paypal and we didn't communicate well :eek: the pawls arrived along with the three splitters. I had a bad taste in my mouth because the stock pawls scratched up the wood surfaces badly.

The design is excellent, takes five seconds to change out splitters. The pawls hang loose and swing easily and glide on the surface. I am a very satisfied customer.

Al Willits
04-27-2007, 1:17 PM
Been thinking of buying one of his guards, between past reviews, his quick response to not only mine, but this post and others, makes it a given.
I'm sold...:)

Al...who's off to spend more money...:)

Nancy Laird
04-27-2007, 1:23 PM
I'm sold...:) Al...who's off to spend more money...:)

Hey, Al, does "Beastie" know you're spending money again.:cool: :rolleyes: :D ????

Nancy

Michael McCoy
04-27-2007, 1:37 PM
Been thinking of buying one of his guards, between past reviews, his quick response to not only mine, but this post and others, makes it a given.
I'm sold...:)

Al...who's off to spend more money...:)

Sounds like he won't be getting caught up any faster. :)

Paul Simmel
04-27-2007, 1:42 PM
Lee,

Thank you for responding here.

You are right… your return emails have been snagged by my isp, so please accept my humble apologies.

I am very relieved.

I don’t know you, and until now didn’t know your name was “Lee”.

Best of luck to you!

Paul

Al Willits
04-27-2007, 2:02 PM
""""""""
Hey, Al, does "Beastie" know you're spending money again.:cool: :rolleyes: :D ????
"""""""""

No, not yet, but she's about to come up with the idea I need a better guard than what I have....she's all for safety, no matter what it costs me.
Besides she's seen the results of some of the previous launches and if the guard will help that, she'll be ok with it....

Besides it kinda looks like the stock Delta guard.....kinda....especially with a lot of saw dust piled on it...

That don't work we go to the 60 day rule, she don't see it for 60 days...its ALWAYS been here....

Al...who thinks the beating will be worth it anyway....:D

Bill Leung
04-27-2007, 2:49 PM
Tom, thats good news for me as I am going to install mine on a PM 64. I don't think I ordered the pawls though but I know they can be added later.

Lee Styron
04-27-2007, 5:48 PM
Thanks Paul.
No apology needed. I am just glad we got in touch. Technology is a wonderful thing when it works right. ;)
My Sister said the other day that I look busier than a one armed paper hanger. That was an adequate description, I think.
Thanks a bunch, Guys.

Richard Dragin
04-27-2008, 11:21 PM
Bill L's is going in today's mail.

I ordered mine a good month before him and am still waiting patiently, until reading this.

Mike Goetzke
04-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I ordered mine a good month before him and am still waiting patiently, until reading this.

You ordered it more than a year ago and haven't received it:eek:...or am I missing something:confused:

Greg Cole
04-28-2008, 9:08 AM
Definately a good product and worth the wait. I ordered one last fall and had to be pretty patient for it to arrive. There were good reasons from Lee on it, I think I e-mailed him a couple different times and he was upfront about the reasons for the delivery time (adding a new machine, illness etc). Maybe my e-mails slowed delivery on my guard a day or so (if Lee types really slow...LOL)
Its worth the wait IMO. Yes I could have made one, but I'd rather not go thru any learning curves with blade guards & my hands.:eek:
The saftey part means alot to someone who manicured one of their fingers on a jointer in December. And to have above the table DC on the TS is almost priceless too.

Greg

David Tiell
04-28-2008, 9:54 AM
This is most definitely a quality product and well worth the wait. It took about 8-10 weeks after order to receive it, but now that I have it, I'm very happy. And as Paul found out the hard way, Lee does reply to his emails promptly. Great man to deal with!

Bob Hallowell
04-28-2008, 9:58 AM
I also have one on order for a few months now, but Lee was very up front on the wait, looking forward to trying it out.

Bob

Glen Blanchard
04-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Those of you who are waiting for your order......it will be well worth the wait. Lee makes a great product and he himself is a class act!

James Hart
04-28-2008, 10:55 AM

Lee always responded to me quickly and all his replies ended up in my spam inbox.

Unlikely it has nothing to do with him, his ISP ior email provider s probably home to some spammers.

Jim

Frank Martin
04-28-2008, 2:05 PM
... that there is nothing to worry about Lee. I had to wait quite a bit when I placed my order. I received it within a week of his original time estimate. The product is excellent as well as his communication.

Charlie McGuire
04-28-2008, 2:50 PM
I agree, no worries with Lee. (arghh, that rhymes too :cool:

Mine is an older version and works great. Lee's creation is an enormous improvement over the delta guard/splitter that came on my saw. It was well worth the wait.

Patience.. it'll be worth it.

Charlie

Paul Simmel
04-28-2008, 2:58 PM
To make sure there's no confusion, I received my order long ago and all issues were completely resolved. I only recently mounted the guard, however, and so far it's working well for me (primarily wanted overhead dust collection). The guard is very easy to remove as needed and it seems to be very well constructed. I was obviously not in a huge hurry, though, and knew before I ordered about the lead time.

Russell Tribby
04-28-2008, 7:15 PM
I would echo what Paul said. It took a long time to finally get the product (3 weeks after the projected 8 week wait) but Lee shipped it express and I was really pleased once I received it. I too ordered it primarily for dust collection and it has worked great. If you're in a rush you may want to pursue another route. If you can wait it is certainly worth it.

Shawn Honeychurch
04-28-2008, 7:30 PM
Does anyone here happen to know if this is compatible with the Delta 36-390c table saw? I checked the Sharkguard site, but it is not listed.

Thanks
Shawn

JayStPeter
04-28-2008, 9:08 PM
Wow, lots of "on order" statuses here ... myself included. I guess he is busy.

Jay

Richard Dragin
04-28-2008, 9:13 PM
You ordered it more than a year ago and haven't received it:eek:...or am I missing something:confused:

I ordered mine Feb.10, 2008, Bill ordered his March 27. Unless Lee makes them up in batches and Powermatics happened to be in line before my Delta, I think I got the short stick.

Jason Beam
04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
Amazing how old threads come back to life, huh?

I get caught with it, too, sometimes. It's easy to forget to check the date on the thread and some folks just reply without reading the other responses first. It can really suck ya in, huh? :P

Jason Beam
04-28-2008, 10:21 PM
I ordered mine Feb.10, 2008, Bill ordered his March 27. Unless Lee makes them up in batches and Powermatics happened to be in line before my Delta, I think I got the short stick.

Just a note, Richard, Bill ordered his March 27, 2007

I placed an order a while ago as well, march 27th to be exact.

Easy to get hung up on the years, sometimes, though. Danged old threads!

Dave MacArthur
04-29-2008, 12:50 PM
LOL
Ok, that's funny, and a seriously wet towel to quench the flame of righteous indignation that was simmering...
Glad the thread got bumped though, as I'm interested in the SharkGuard for PM66 and enjoyed the read.

Richard Dragin
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
My bad, I am guilty of doing something that usually annoys me, not paying attention to the dates. In my own defense I have been working 72 hour weeks.

I'm looking forward to getting my guard even though I won't be able to use it for a while. I think Lee must be backed up even more than last year if my order is any indication.

Jim Andrew
04-30-2008, 4:56 AM
One thing about it, the shark guard is worth the wait. Had mine for a while now, and it really is a quality guard. Only thing I don't like is you have to take it off to cut thin pieces as you do with any guard.

Greg Robbins
04-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Am I missing it, or are the prices not listed on his website? How much are these little gems?

michael osadchuk
04-30-2008, 1:54 PM
Am I missing it, or are the prices not listed on his website? How much are these little gems?

...... click on "shark guards" on the top line of the website, then choose a table saw model, then scroll down the page for that model for info and prices

....there lots to read on the site and you may want to read the experience of others on different versions (4" 'megamouth' vs. 2.5" dust port,etc.) on various websites before placing an order

..... on feb. 23, 2008 I ordered a shark guard for a
General 350 - $134
4" dust port - $15
pawls - $7
U.S. post
to Canada - $12

Lee will email me when it is near shipment and then I will send him payment; he fine to deal with

good luck

michael

Lee Styron
05-10-2008, 8:38 AM
Thanks for all the kind words, Guys.
I have never been caught up since I sold the very first Shark in 2003. Orders have steadily increased from that point on. My manufacturing skills and techniques have also increased a lot since then, but obviously not enough to keep up with demand. I now have 3 home made cnc machines helping out and will be finishing up the 4th in a couple months.
I have also hired my son to help with these and he is starting to really get the hang of it and produce parts that I'll actually be proud to ship.
Currently lead time is actually hovering around 11 weeks, but with his help, I hope to get it back down. I don't know that I will ever get caught up. It certainly doesn't seem like it. ;)
I never in my wildest dreams expected this to blossom the way it has. I am having the time of my life making these and the machinery as well. Big learning curves involved at every corner. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
Fear not though, Guys. I am progressing toward every one of the orders I have seen mentioned and several of these will be shipping next week.
I will try to answer anyone's email within a day, so fire away if you have questions.
Thanks a bunch.