PDA

View Full Version : PC 4212 DT jig question

Alex Berkovsky
04-26-2007, 8:57 PM
I'd like to throw out a question to PC 4212 owners. On page 14 of the basic owners manual (http://www.porter-cable.com/jigs/), picture N2 at the top of the page says to mark all corners A-D. No where else in the manual does it reference or explain why the corners are marked. Can anyone please explain.

Lamar Horton
04-26-2007, 9:11 PM
Only reason I can think of is, because you cut the pins and tails in the same pass, you would want to assemble the corners in the same manner as they are cut. However, when I do dovetail drawers for kitchen cabinets, I don't fuss with marking the drawer parts. I cut all the peices, stack them and then off to the next process. By the time they get to the assembly stage, they are all mixed up. I don't have any problems with drawers not fitting properly. If you have the jig setup properly you won't have any problems.

Alex Berkovsky
04-26-2007, 9:17 PM
Only reason I can think of is, because you cut the pins and tails in the same passOops, forgot to mention that I am cutting through DT.

Lamar Horton
04-26-2007, 9:22 PM
In that case, it may be so you don't confuse the inside with the outside upon assembly.

Alex Berkovsky
04-26-2007, 9:35 PM
In that case, it may be so you don't confuse the inside with the outside upon assembly.That is marked with "I's" and "O's".

Lamar Horton
04-26-2007, 9:41 PM
That does it for me then. Next!