PDA

View Full Version : a child crying in the woods

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-26-2007, 8:22 PM
Yah I heard a child crying in the woods out behind my house. I was in the shop with the back bay doors open and I heard a distinct infant wailing. It' would stop and start and was sort of weirdly half hearted.

So I set my tools down and went to look.

There was silence, It was dusky. The evening was gloaming.

In the back corner where the grass ended and the wood began there was a huge black bird pecking in a desultory way at nothing in particular. It was bigger than a turkey vulture and all black.

When it saw me it sized me up and then took of silently into the woods seeming to disappear in the still bare branches.

Good thing I ain't into omens and weird spooky stuff.

That was better'n a black cat.

Lamar Horton
04-26-2007, 9:31 PM
When I was 15, I used to live out in the country in Fla. One evening I swore I heard a woman screaming. It sent chills down my spine. My dog started barking but would not go into the woods. The next day I went walking in the direction of the "woman" and found som big cat track. Dad said it was probably a panther. Scared the "you know what" out of me.

Ben Grunow
04-26-2007, 9:37 PM
I heard a baby crying last night at about 3 am and awoke to find it was my 3 month old daughter crying in her basinette (sp?) next to ours. I wish it was a bird or cat!

Keith Starosta
04-27-2007, 7:22 AM
I heard a baby crying last night at about 3 am and awoke to find it was my 3 month old daughter crying in her basinette (sp?) next to ours. I wish it was a bird or cat!

LOL! That's funny! Along those same lines, about two months ago, I was awoke by the baby monitor that sits next to my bed. This was a HUGE scream...one in which I hadn't heard come out of our then four month old daughter. I rushed down the hallway only to find the baby sleeping soundly, the twins out cold, and our ten year old asleep like a baby. Only problem was....I could still hear the baby screaming in the monitor down the hall! :eek: :eek: Weird some? Yeah......gives me the chills just thinking 'bout it. I attributed it to over-the-air noise, and laid back down.......but didn't sleep for a while. :D

- Keith

jeremy levine
04-27-2007, 8:11 AM
LOL! That's funny! Along those same lines, about two months ago, I was awoke by the baby monitor that sits next to my bed.....

- Keith
This one I know, people next door had the same brand monitor as we did and while we could never hear any words ,screams and crys came through pretty good. Always freaked me out.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-27-2007, 9:11 AM
This one I know, people next door had the same brand monitor as we did and while we could never hear any words ,screams and crys came through pretty good. Always freaked me out.

Oh that's hysterical. One year it gbvot frustrated with the lousy range on modular wireless phones so I got one of those Radio Shack devices that turn you whole house into an antenna or some such (I suspect VIA the ground wire).

Well it worked~!! It worked so well that when several of the phones in the area rang, mine did too and when I picked it up I could join the conversation clear a a bell. Radio shack was nice enough to take it back refunding my money.

What a freaky thing that was. Next modular phone I get is going to have some form of channel switching security.

jeremy levine
04-27-2007, 9:58 AM
[quote=....It worked so well that when several of the phones in the area rang, mine did too and when I picked it up I could join the conversation clear ....[/quote]

I once worked for a company that made bank by phone software, for years people in the industry noticed some people always seemed to have 2 simultaneous transactions going on ( one was always denied but it caused lots of concern ).

It was finally determined that early cordless phones would often make calls on "your" phone and "your neighbors" . This would not be a problem when you call a person's number as one of the phones would get through and one would get a busy ( randomly). The problem was if you called a bank the same number would get routed to any available line hence 2 identical phone calls to a computerized banking system. New phone and better software have pretty much stoppped this.

Ahh the things we never think of.....:eek:

Brett Baldwin
04-27-2007, 2:11 PM
The stray cats mewling and crying around around here have the most uncanny resemblance to kids voices. I've gone outside several times to see what happened to the "kid".