PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Mobile Base?

Dan Forman
04-26-2007, 5:42 PM
Does anyone have experience with the adjustable mobile base from Woodcraft that is currently on sale? http://www.woodcraft.com//family.aspx?familyid=4828&HomePageDeal=True

I could use something like this for my router table (aluminum stand, not cabinet style).

Thanks,

Dan

glenn bradley
04-26-2007, 6:39 PM
I have one that I picked up because it was on sale really cheap. I wasn't even sure what I would use it on but couldn't pass it up. I used it for my small DP which is mounted on a cabinet.

It's OK; not great, but OK. I am going to use it with my floor standing DP as soon as I finish the ballast base I'm making for it. This will be fine as I don't plan to move the big DP, its "just in case".

They ride very close to the ground which is OK if your floor is pretty flat. I think it clears the floor by about 3/8". The low center of gravity is offset by a bit of spring in the frame making it feel loose but again, its OK. My small DP and cabinet combined are about 100-odd pounds and maneuver (again) OK. It is very solid with the wheels raised.

Dan Forman
04-28-2007, 3:29 AM
Glen---Thanks, I guess.:( I was hoping for a glowing account of what a wonderful solution it would be for my router table.

I have a very uneven basement, floor, sounds like this one won't work for me. Probably saved me some time and frustration.

Dan

glenn bradley
04-28-2007, 9:31 AM
Sorry to bear bad news. It's not a bad stand but, probably not good for your application. I just measured so I wouldn't steer you wrong. With the wheels down the floor clearance at the rear frame is under 1/4".