PDA

View Full Version : DC poly bags?

Al Willits
04-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Tried the search thing and either, bags, dc bags, or poly bags gives me enough reading for a week, unfortunately I need a bottom bag for my JDS dust collector asap, so I'm cheating and just gonna ask...please forgive. :)

Anybody have any luck with finding the 6 mil bags in bulk or discounted from what the local woodworkers stores sells them at?
And will 4 mil work?

I have found bulk bags at places like U-line, but they only go to 60" wide and it looks like I need about 64" or so.
Don't have to be clear, but it'd be nice to be able to keep track of what's going into the DC or not..
Thanks again.

Al

Ted Miller
04-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Al, Try Wynne Eviromental they have a great price.

Did you do any cleaning this week?...

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

Art Mulder
04-26-2007, 12:05 PM
I use a clear leaf bag - no it is most definitely NOT 6mil, but it is cheap. What I do is put it INSIDE the stock fabric bag that came with the unit. It's a bit slippery to get into position, but once there, the fabric bag keeps it from exploding.

Just a different approach.

James Hebert
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Tried the search thing and either, bags, dc bags, or poly bags gives me enough reading for a week, unfortunately I need a bottom bag for my JDS dust collector asap, so I'm cheating and just gonna ask...please forgive. :)

Anybody have any luck with finding the 6 mil bags in bulk or discounted from what the local woodworkers stores sells them at?
And will 4 mil work?

I have found bulk bags at places like U-line, but they only go to 60" wide and it looks like I need about 64" or so.
Don't have to be clear, but it'd be nice to be able to keep track of what's going into the DC or not..
Thanks again.

Al
Wynn has 4 mil bags. The best clear bags I can find online too. I think 4 mil is to thin though. The air cycloning inside the bag swirls debrie very very rapidly and scours the bag wearing small openings in the bag and on occasion a wood splinter will punch through the bag. Happens pretty quick. For my last change, I put 2 of the Wynn 4 mil bags on. 6 mil would be much better, would love to find some clear ones.
I still have the cloth 30micron bags that I replaced with the 0.5 micron Wynn filter and I could use those on the bottom surrounded by a clear plastic bag, but I do not want to deal with major mess of dumping the cloth bag. I only want to toss the plastic bag + contents and install a new pair of bags.

Al Willits
04-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Ya, Ted, I did do some cleaning, right after I found the small hole in the back sideof my DC bag, simply amazing how much saw dust can come out of a small hole... :D
I've got the spare bag on now, but that's not in real good shape either, so I figure I'll be doing more cleaning if I don't get a good one soon...:)

I'd hate to order a carton of 4 mil to find out they don't work, and thinking double bagging would be a pain.

The search continues....

Thanks all.

Al

Curt Harms
04-26-2007, 5:04 PM
Al, Try Wynne Eviromental they have a great price.

Did you do any cleaning this week?...

http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm

I bought Wynn's spun bond filter kit and got 3 bags with it. The bags I got are 'stretchy' which made it easier to put on my Penn State DC. I got clear bags from Amazon some time ago that weren't stretchy and they were a pain to put on. I haven't had any problems with holes in them though I haven't put that much stuff in 'em yet. It's cool to watch the dust & chips go round & round:D

I did what Art did and put a lawn & leaf bag inside the original cloth bag. That worked fine but I had a hard time keeping the bottom bag from leaking a little bit.

HTH

Curt

Hoa Dinh
04-26-2007, 6:13 PM
Not local, but if you can't find the thick bags else where...

Penn State carries 7 mil bags (http://www.pennstateind.com/store/dcpb740.html).

James Biddle
04-26-2007, 6:45 PM
I bought my bags at Associated Bag online. A box of 100 28" x 40" 4 mil low density bags (part #28-6-693) totaled $59.55 including shipping (in 2005). Way cheaper than I could find tham elsewhere. I like the 4 mil because I can prestretch them a little to fit onto my DC easier. You can also request a sample of a few size/thickness variations to test at no cost.

Al Willits
04-26-2007, 7:15 PM
Thanks all, I think I'll try the Penn ones first, let ya know how they work.

Al

Lamar Horton
04-26-2007, 9:16 PM
I use the Hefty Contractor Clean Up bags for my Delta DC. They work fine, when full, slide it out, tie it up and done.

Hoa Dinh
04-26-2007, 9:28 PM
Thanks all, I think I'll try the Penn ones first, let ya know how they work.
Al, check your PM. And send me $10 :D

-- Hoa

Richard Butler
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Delta-50-364-Dust-Collection-Plastic/dp/B0000B3AQT

maybe the ones above will fit.

Al Willits
04-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Ah....Checks in the mail Hoa....:D :D
Thanks.
Al