PDA

View Full Version : Take Your Kid to Work Day!

Per Swenson
04-26-2007, 5:46 AM
Oh, this is rich.

Hunter, son'o'mine, says last night, tomorrow is take your kid

to work day.

Right, I replied. Thinking, scam akin to AHT flu.

(American history test)

But no. Using "the" Google, it's legit.

Then he says, But I think I'll go to school.

Mind you this is a first.

He, being a pretty quick kid,

realized that his friends and peers would be going to work

with Mom and Dad, kinda like a field trip thingy.

Not here and not today. Gonna be lift that bar, tote that bail.

The best part? It's gonna cost me a sandwich.:D

I 'am so looking forward to this.

Matter of fact....It's 5:45 in the morning.

I think I'll let him sleep for two more minutes.

Indentured servitude builds character, yes it does.

Per

Peter Stahl
04-26-2007, 6:46 AM
It started as a take you Daughter to work day to show the young ladies what the business world had to offer. But then all the liberals cried why can't we bring our son's! Now it's a circus, what next bring your family to work day!

Kyle Kraft
04-26-2007, 7:25 AM
This evening the whole plant is having an open house for immediate family for the BYKTWD occasion. It's kind of like a Charlie and the Chocolate factory thing. They have demonstrations and interpretive presentations for visitors, trinket giveaways, discounted dinner deal at the cafeteria, etc.. Everybody has a pretty good time.

Dennis Peacock
04-26-2007, 8:06 AM
whats next bring your family to work day!

Sure.! I've brought my entire family to where I work and I've even taken my FIL to where I work to show him around. :D

jeremy levine
04-26-2007, 8:14 AM
I wish they had "tell you parents it was take your kid to work day" , they could have it a week prior to the actual take your kids to work day.

Al Willits
04-26-2007, 8:19 AM
Don't have any kids...can I borrow one from somebody?
Maybe not, you might not want them back.....:D

Personally I feel any time with your kids is most likely gonna be beneficial, to many absentee parents around already.

Al.....how about take your dog to work day???

Joe Pelonio
04-26-2007, 9:22 AM
Al.....how about take your dog to work day???
My dogs come to work with me every day, since I moved the shop to the house. Kind of nice, except when you trip over them.

I remember when I worked on the 5th floor of a downtown office building, and used to bring the kids on this day, they were terribly bored. Since having the sign business all three have worked for me at one time or another, and now they all have other jobs. How about a "take parents to work day"?

Ken Fitzgerald
04-26-2007, 9:26 AM
My kids are all adults......They usually do take Mom and Dad to work when we visit.

Jeffrey Fusaro
04-26-2007, 11:02 AM
wish i had known it was "take you kid to work day"...

i 'd have brought my 18 month old daughter (a.k.a. "the terrorist") to work and given her a sharpie marker for each hand and turned her loose... :D

Dennis Peacock
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
i 'd have brought my 18 month old daughter (a.k.a. "the terrorist") to work and given her a sharpie marker for each hand and turned her loose... :D

OMG....that sure sounds "danderous". Sharpies and young kids mix well, but not on the walls, floor, or furniture. :eek: :rolleyes:

Art Mulder
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Sharpies and young kids mix well, but not on the walls, floor, or furniture.

Oh mannnnn..... More than once I have "decreed" that there should be no markers allowed! in our house. Somehow my decrees don't always stick. :confused:

Oh, and a word of advise to any new parents out there. washable markers aren't really 100% washable. And thats all I'll say other than the fact that it involved the neighbour girls, their "washable" markers, and our kids faces, along with protestations that "it's ok, they're washable!"... :eek:

as for taking kids to work... our work does that once a year also, but it is a regimented supervised visit, and strictly for kids in a few high school grades. Being a medical lab, this makes sense, and it is run well with tours, talks, and other good structure.

...art

jeremy levine
04-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Oh mannnnn..... More than once I have "decreed" that there should be no markers allowed! in our house. Somehow my decrees don't always stick. :confused:

Oh, and a word of advise to any new parents out there. washable markers aren't really 100% washable. And thats all I'll say other than the fact that it involved the neighbour girls, their "washable" markers, and our kids faces, along with protestations that "it's ok, they're washable!"... :eek:

But they taste so good.
marker.jpeg (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=63318&stc=1&d=1177602830)

Justin McCurdy
04-26-2007, 1:26 PM
I know what you mean. Our company let us know about 1.5 working hours in advance that it was BYKTWD. That is a little too short of a notice for my liking.

Frank Guerin
04-26-2007, 8:18 PM
It's all been cancelled by the people who started it for something else.
I read it somewhere.

Joe Mioux
04-26-2007, 10:01 PM
My kids drop off point is the shop, my business.

They are here a lot, unfortunately while here, they are not working alot.

Damn internet. All the computers are hooked up so on any given day, one kid might be on Neopets, two might be msn im'g and/or number 4 on disney.com or dora the explorer website.

I do get them to work, ocaissionally.

Joe