PDA

View Full Version : can anyone convert this to eps for me?

Steve knight
04-26-2007, 1:26 AM
I have pretty much tired every setting in adobe photoshop to convert this in a eps file that iwll work for me. it seems to view fine but vcarve and partswizard does not like it. http://www.knight-toolworks.com/pictures/backhoe.jpg
or if anyone has a good eps backhoe it would be fine.

Frank Corker
04-26-2007, 6:09 AM
Steve, I have seen a very similar graphic to this which was in an eps format - i have searched my computer but don't appear to have it anymore (I will keep a lookout for it).

I'm assuming that you use corel draw. Import the picture, trace it. If you want it saving as an eps file then click on it and export it.

This is the result

Bob Reda
04-26-2007, 6:29 AM
Steve,

Google up inkscape. Its a free program that will vectorize file and allow you to save eps.

Bob

Steve knight
04-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Steve, I have seen a very similar graphic to this which was in an eps format - i have searched my computer but don't appear to have it anymore (I will keep a lookout for it).

I'm assuming that you use corel draw. Import the picture, trace it. If you want it saving as an eps file then click on it and export it.

This is the result
don't have corel draw. me not much of a drawer (G) I can do it in turbocad but it is not super fast. I will check out inscape in a bit.

Frank Corker
04-26-2007, 1:46 PM
Steve I take it you didn't download the file then. It's an eps

Steve knight
04-27-2007, 1:42 AM
after I found this I found the eps version. after all the frustration I wish I had a spare 25.00 to buy it. but I am broke right now and this job is a freebee.

Roger Myers
04-27-2007, 8:58 PM
several EPS options when I convert..does this work for you?
Roger

Steve knight
04-27-2007, 11:59 PM
nope no go. this is something I need to solve because I know I will use it often if I can.

Steve knight
04-28-2007, 12:33 AM
nope no go. thats the problem I have been having. I want to ask around and see if someone knows what I need.

Dave Jones
04-28-2007, 12:57 PM
See if this one does what you need (you will of course have to unzip it):

Steve knight
04-28-2007, 2:27 PM
that did it. can you tell me how you did it? thanks so much. here is the sign I plan on making. got to work on color but you get the idea. this is for my wifes mom and dad her dad's been running a backhoe forever.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/pictures/backhoe%20sign.jpg

Dave Jones
04-28-2007, 3:43 PM
Here's the steps I used:

- Opened in Photoshop
- scaled it about 4 times larger using Bicubic Sharper mode
- Ran the Smart Blur filter to clean up some of the jpeg artifacts
- used a paint brush to paint black in some areas where the blacks were a bit splotchy. Also to sharpen the edges in a couple of places where the original had soft or shaded edges.
- used a small brush to strengthen the thin lines around the cab and gearstick, and open one white line to the right of the cab where it was blurred and not crisp
- Used Image > Adjustments > Threshhold to get a pure black and white high contrast image without shades or blurs.
- Saved it as a Photoshop image
- Opened it in Illustrator
- Used Live trace to trace it as a high resolution logo
- Expanded the result into shapes
- deleted shapes that duplicated the main shape
- combined remaining shapes into a single shape
- Saved it as an EPS in version 8 format
- Zipped it and uploaded it

Steve knight
04-29-2007, 2:34 AM
Here's the steps I used:

- Opened in Photoshop
- scaled it about 4 times larger using Bicubic Sharper mode
- Ran the Smart Blur filter to clean up some of the jpeg artifacts
- used a paint brush to paint black in some areas where the blacks were a bit splotchy. Also to sharpen the edges in a couple of places where the original had soft or shaded edges.
- used a small brush to strengthen the thin lines around the cab and gearstick, and open one white line to the right of the cab where it was blurred and not crisp
- Used Image > Adjustments > Threshhold to get a pure black and white high contrast image without shades or blurs.
- Saved it as a Photoshop image
- Opened it in Illustrator
- Used Live trace to trace it as a high resolution logo
- Expanded the result into shapes
- deleted shapes that duplicated the main shape
- combined remaining shapes into a single shape
- Saved it as an EPS in version 8 format
- Zipped it and uploaded it

man is that all (G) what a hassle that I bet I will ahve to get the hang of to get such things on my signs. or pay someone else to do.
but it is something I need to learn.
ruined three signs today. first one was the one pictured I found when I import a eps file it will offset the start point and I did not notice still I started cutting. then a couple other messups I I found because my tabletop was lifting up.