PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Tech Memorial - Please Help

Keith Outten
04-25-2007, 1:21 PM
My supervisor at Christopher Newport University is a Virginia Tech alumni as are a large number of his family members. We were talking about raising money for the permanent memorial monument for those who lost their lives on April 16, 2007 at Virginia Tech. He has been working with the Dean of The College of Architecture & Urban Studies that will sponsor the competition for the design and construction of the memorial.

If you would like to contribute to this fund, go to the attached link and click "Give Now".

In the giving categories, the last one is for "other". In that block, type in "April 16th Permanent Memorial"

http://www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php

Thanks in advance to everyone who is willing to help fund the Va Tech Memorial, your donations will certainly be appreciated by the parents, friends and family members of those who lost their lives in this horrible tragedy.

Thanks Again,
Keith

Cliff Rohrabacher
05-03-2007, 5:01 PM
Thanks for that.
My wife is a Radford Alum. She'll be most interested.

James Ayars
06-19-2007, 8:06 PM
Keith,
I just noticed this thread. Our church took up a collection for the families of the shooting victims.

Back in early-mid 1990's, I lived at Christopher Newport Univ.for a month while working at Jefferson National Lab(It was still called CEBAF at that time). Very nice campus.

Keith Outten
06-19-2007, 8:55 PM
James,

Tell the folks at your church thanks for their donation, the VT Community will surely be appreciative.

Christopher Newport University has changed drastically since you were there last. We are about 50% complete in our 600 million dollar construction program. I have been at CNU for four years this September and the changes are an amazing transformation to watch. I was the Clerk of the Works (Project Inspector) for Potomac River Hall and the new Student Union construction projects, these days I am the University Sign Maker :)

I am still assigned to the University Architects office so another construction assignment is still possible but my sign design and fabrication backlog is getting larger every day. If you ever get in our neck of the woods be sure to stop in for a visit, I'm sure I can arrange a tour of the University.

patrick anderson
08-04-2007, 7:21 PM
Is there any info on the design for the memorial competition? I'd like to have a go

James Ayars
10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Keith,
Again, I'm late to see this. I spent some time on the CNU website and you're weren't kidding about the changes. When I was there, it seemed like a sleepy, but very nice, little university. Now it looks to be growing by leaps and bounds. I would like to get up that way again. The summer I spent there and at Jefferson Lab were quite enjoyable.

James