PDA

View Full Version : Well I really did it this time.

Bill Wyko
04-24-2007, 3:30 PM
I now have on the way a pre fab work shop 12ftx20ft. All this started with a jet mini a few months ago. What the heck happened:confused: I also have a powermatic table saw on the way as well for cutting my segments. Cheap hobby my......:cool: I'll keep you posted with pics soon.

Bernie Weishapl
04-24-2007, 3:48 PM
Bill you are going to wish it was 24 X 40. :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

Christopher K. Hartley
04-24-2007, 3:52 PM
I also have a powermatic table saw on the way as well for cutting my segments. Do you really think that Powermatic will handle those segments?:D :)

Paul Engle
04-24-2007, 4:05 PM
Or bigger ....:o Bernie got right....:D One thing nice is TLOYL will always know where you are......;) :D and it is a hobby she agrees with and that is 90% of the battle today huh? Congrats on the new shop !!! :D

TYLER WOOD
04-24-2007, 4:08 PM
BLAHH BLAHH BLAHHH, yeah gloat it up!!! :D

I envy you for your new gear. But I do agree with Bernie, shoulda saved for the 24X40. That Oneway lathe you get in about 9 months will never fit in there with that table saw, drill press, grinder, band saw, work bench, shopvac, and air compressor to make a vacumm press for your segments. Not to mention the room for picture tent, bowl blank storage, couch to sleep on when the wife finds out you ordered the building....... and on and on......:D :D :D

No really congrats on the new shed!!!

Pat Salter
04-24-2007, 9:35 PM
Cheap hobby my......:cool: I'll keep you posted with pics soon.

Would that be.........foot???:rolleyes:

Bill Wyko
04-25-2007, 12:10 PM
I would have gone bigger but building codes are limitted to 200 sq ft w/o a permit. OOps I'm at 240 sq ft:rolleyes: If I'm lucky the neighbors won't gripe. Anything bigger than 1/4 of my car port is better than I'm working with now.

Bob Opsitos
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
It was so weird when I was out in Pheonix that most of the houses were packed in "high and tight" with so much empty desert around, especially when I was out hiking in the Superstitions and McDowell's.

Spread out people. :D

It did become clear to me though once I had a good look at a map. The whole place is surrounded by national forest and state parks. That and I suppose in desert it's far easier to run water & sewer to a development than spaced out houses.

Bob

Bill Wyko
04-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm a little more fortunate than the newer home owners. My back yard is 120 feet deep and 80 feet wide and I have a 7 foot block wall around the whole thing. (Being finished today actually) But if you have a new home these days you can touch your back wall and your house at the same time and jump roof to roof to get from one neighborhood to another. Plus they all have homeowners associations which would frown on all of the creative things us woodworkers love so much. I would be a very difficult neighbor if someone told me I couldn't do my woodwork.:mad: I'll probably build a porch off the side of the shed for a little outdoor space as well.:D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Uh Bill......Did we "Welcome" you to the Abyss several months ago?......:rolleyes: :D I'm sure I advised you to take photos of the money in your wallet and post the picture next to your lathe so you could remember what it looked like!

Bill Wyko
04-26-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm sorry Ken. I don't think I have enough room on the walls for all those pictures.:eek:

Glenn Hodges
04-26-2007, 1:14 PM
Cheap hobby my......

Yea, and they come up to my booth and say, "MY God man how can you ask $50 for a wooden bowl?"

Christopher K. Hartley
04-26-2007, 2:02 PM
I'm sorry Ken. I don't think I have enough room on the walls for all those pictures.:eek:Well if you'd put those pennies in rolls you could limit the pictures.:D :D

Paul Engle
04-26-2007, 2:22 PM
Yea Glenn , thats when you say " oops I made a mistake... it's 150$.....:D , plus tax, and shipping and handleing is another 25$....

Brett Baldwin
04-26-2007, 2:27 PM
Glenn, next time tell them that if they grew ON trees and not IN them, they would be alot cheaper.

Bill, I'd say from your amazing work from the beginning that your expansion is wholly justified. I work in a 11'x19' enclosed carport and it is plenty big enough, except when it isn't. I'd plan for plenty of shelf space for all your pieces. Happy spinning in the new space.

Bill Wyko
04-26-2007, 2:42 PM
Cheap hobby my......

Yea, and they come up to my booth and say, "MY God man how can you ask $50 for a wooden bowl?"
Thats ok, when they see the one I'm doing right now with over 2000 pieces and a price tag of 5 grand they'll fall over unconsious and I can pick their pockets:eek: JK. Gotta pay for the building some way:D

Steve Schlumpf
04-26-2007, 4:42 PM
Congrats on the new shop - looking forward to the pics!

Bill Wyko
04-26-2007, 4:49 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping it'll be here in a couple weeks. Now I need to get on the ground prep.:(