PDA

View Full Version : I oculd use a cute bug eps file

Steve knight
04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
a ladybug would be best but any cute bug would work in eps format.

Jeff Lehman
04-24-2007, 12:47 PM
See attached files...the eps is in the zip file.

As anyone who lives near the woods such as I do, we know ladybugs are only cute until they invade your house :eek:

Steve knight
04-26-2007, 1:05 AM
thanks so much. I swear the simple things drive me nuts. trying to convert a jpg or tiff or whatever into a eps file and it never works, even have adobe photoshop and I tried all the settings and v carve won't accept it. why can't life be simple?

Frank Corker
04-26-2007, 4:23 AM
Steve, you should just import it into Corel and use the trace function, makes very short work of most pictures.

Dave Jones
04-26-2007, 6:40 PM
EPS files can contain either raster (bitmap) or vector information. A program like photoshop can export an EPS, but it isn't going to convert a bitmap to vector. Illustrator or CorelDraw have the ability to "trace" a photo and make it into vectors.

Steve knight
04-26-2007, 11:39 PM
EPS files can contain either raster (bitmap) or vector information. A program like photoshop can export an EPS, but it isn't going to convert a bitmap to vector. Illustrator or CorelDraw have the ability to "trace" a photo and make it into vectors.
thats what I finally realized. why can't things be easy (G) so many things I want to do so little time.

Steve knight
04-27-2007, 1:44 AM
ok I wonder if it is not v carve pro I used illistrator to rasterize it seems to work then I save it but I get the same message that it must only contain bitmap info. something is wacky or my settings are wrong. so many new apps to learn in so little time