PDA

View Full Version : Its really starting to look like a Kayak

Sparky Paessler
04-24-2007, 8:57 AM
I got the deck installed on my CLC Chesapeake 17. Still need to sand and glass the top. Enjoy!

John Schreiber
04-24-2007, 9:03 AM
That's a beauty. Must be hard to take your time on the finishing when you'd love to get it out on the water.

Joel Ficke
04-24-2007, 9:03 AM
Wow, that is really great looking. Can't wait to see it all finished. Did you build it from a kit / plan, or is this your own design? Just curious as I would love to make one of these some day too. Thanks for sharing!

Don Bullock
04-24-2007, 9:14 AM
If it looks like a kayak then it must be a kayak. It looks great!! I remember many years ago when my dad made an 8 foot pram out of wood. I can't imagine all the work necessary for a kayak. You'll be the talk of the waterways in that.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-24-2007, 9:31 AM
Go Sparky! How many hours do you have into that?....Was it a kit or just a plan?.........Looking good!

David Wilson
04-24-2007, 5:53 PM
Looking good Sparky!

Tom Hamilton
04-24-2007, 8:37 PM
Great looking boat Sparky. I get their catalog and have "building one" on my dream list.

Any comments about the kit, fit and finish, instructions, etc.

Thanks, Tom, in Houston, with miles of shoreline available to paddle.

Jim Becker
04-24-2007, 9:14 PM
You know...(my younger daughter's favorite opening phrase....)....it's starting to look like a Kayak!! :D :D :D

Very nice work, Sparky!

Sparky Paessler
04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Thanks all! It was from a kit and I am pleased with how well it went together. I thought it would be much harder getting it into the right shape!
You are right, I can't wait to get it out on the water! I have decided to paint the hull bright red and leave the deck natural. Next I think that I will build one of the Shearwater designs. Or the double shearwater that they are comming out with soon.

scott spencer
04-25-2007, 5:30 AM
That's impressive Sparky!