PDA

View Full Version : Extending annual plaque

Abdul Baseer Hai
04-23-2007, 10:25 PM
A customer has asked me for ideas on extending the attached plaque for additional annual plates.
He needs to add at least eight more plates and is suggesting some sort of a hanging extension.

I need idea and a lot of help.
Thanks
abdul

Mike Null
04-23-2007, 11:15 PM
Abdul

I have seen extensions hung with small brass eye bolts and hooks (like cup hooks). They don't look particularly good but there aren't many options.

If there were going to be a lot of additional plates I would consider a panel on either side rather than the piece hanging below the other.

Paul Proffitt
04-24-2007, 6:10 AM
How about if you consider making a larger "background" plaque that can hold the additional plates and then put this plaque in the center or top center of the larger background?

Paul Proffitt
Suwanee, GA - Epilog Legend 24TT, Corel 12, Illustrator CS

Chris Barton
04-24-2007, 7:18 AM
An alternative solution would be to use a heat gun to remove the metal parts from the wooden background and replace the background with a larger piece. You would have to reglue the metal bits but, it wouldn't be a big deal and it would solve the problem without it looking like an afterthought solution.

Abdul Baseer Hai
04-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Thank you all for the wide array of options.
I have presented al the options to the customer. Let see what he decides.
Abdul

Bill Cunningham
04-24-2007, 10:31 PM
about 10-12 years years ago, I did a large (18 x 24) plaque, with a metalphoto pic. etc.., and places for 40 1x2 doner name plates.. They ran out of room after the end of the first year, so I got two side pieces (6x24), to hold another 40 plates each.. This gave them plenty of room, and the two balance out the main plaque quite well.. If their made to match the main plaque, it makes the whole thing more impressive..If they have to add now, it's very likely they will have to do it again in the future, and will appreciate the extra space..
Like Mike said, go with the side panels...