PDA

View Full Version : OT: The Three Frogateers...

Jim Becker
04-23-2007, 3:56 PM
Well, you've heard of the Three Muskateers? We this morning we had the "Three Frogateers" looking after their friend, Frogalina. (She's in her fourth summer with us--I guess we're officially adopted... http://soulofadoption.com/forum/Smileys/newset/haha.gif) Here's a picture of the fearsome (and sometime fearful) threesome as well as the old girl, herself. Seems folks like nature pictures!

Joe Pelonio
04-23-2007, 4:48 PM
That's a really nice family that's moved into your pond!

We hear a frog around here all the time, but never see him. I have a fake on on the pond waterfall hoping to attract him but no luck so far, Maybe they are not that dumb.

Jim DeLaney
04-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I've got at least half a dozen frogs just singing up a storm as I'm typing this. Nice warm evening, and they're doing their best to attract the ladies.

It's so loud that I guess we'll be closing the bedroom windows tonight to keep the noise out.

Brad Schmid
04-23-2007, 11:27 PM
'afore long, yer gonna have yerself a reglar "frog ranch"

"Beckers Pennsylvania Frog Ranch - come enjoy the hospitality and kiss our frogs. Visit us at SawsnDustnFrogs.com" (case your wonderin', i checked and the name is available;) )

:D :D :D :D :D

You do know that bull frogs live for like up to 16 years, so Frogalina could still be around to see the youngsters graduate from high school :D

Seriously though, having frogs is one of those simple pleasant things you don't think about until it's not there anymore, like when you move near the city:(

Belinda Barfield
04-24-2007, 7:44 AM
'afore long, yer gonna have yerself a reglar "frog ranch"

"Beckers Pennsylvania Frog Ranch - come enjoy the hospitality and kiss our frogs. Visit us at SawsnDustnFrogs.com" (case your wonderin', i checked and the name is available;) )

Seriously though, having frogs is one of those simple pleasant things you don't think about until it's not there anymore, like when you move near the city:(

Brad, you are so right. I live in a condo complex and about two years ago moved from the front of the complex, to the back. Up front I had the most wonderful frog chorus that would sing me to sleep every night. Made the assumption that I would have frogs at the back of the complex as well. Wrong! This year it sounds like I have two or three who have moved in. Maybe I could order some frogs from the Frog Ranch!:D

Jim, what's the going rate on frogs once you have surplus?

Jim Becker
04-24-2007, 6:08 PM
Visit us at SawsnDustnFrogs.com" (case your wonderin', i checked and the name is available )

Probably no longer available, depending on where you checked... ;)

Oh, Jim D...the nice thing about Green Frogs (and their Bronze variant) is that they make almost no noise. The females are silent and the males only make a reasonably soft croak sound when, um...advertising. The males are the only ones who yelp when startled as they jump into the water. That sounds almost like a bird chirp!