PDA

View Full Version : DJ 20 type power switch for router table

Calvin Crutchfield
04-23-2007, 1:16 AM
I had acquired a switch from a DJ 20 for my router table.

Now I need another switch. Anyone have a source for the ultimate router table switch?

Tyler Howell
04-23-2007, 8:05 AM
Cal,
Rockler sells a JET PB switch just for routers for under 20 bucks on sale.

David Weaver
04-23-2007, 8:29 AM
I have one of the rockler switches - it's fine. The thing I'm worried about now is that my power will flicker once every couple of weeks, and I don't want to be a party to things getting launched across the room when the cut stops and then starts right away. Same goes for my hybrid TS.

I'm probably going to spend the extra $30 to get a magnetic switch for both.

Tellecamique or something like that - can't remember the brand name - has magnetic switches available for about $50.

Grizzly also has a couple, but they're a little more $ - like $65 or so.

I'm thinking the first time a piece would fly across the shop, you'd wish you got it, though. I hate things flying across the shop - some are more indifferent than me, but it's only a matter of time until something hits me (again) or pulls a finger into something.

Rod Sheridan
04-23-2007, 12:49 PM
I put a contactor ahead of my shop panel so it turns off all the tools after an outage.....Rod.

Howie French
04-23-2007, 1:01 PM
Calvin, I have purchased 2 of the Rockler switches, each time on sale for 14.95. I have recessed mounted these on my router table and table saw, then I made paddle switches that I can bump with my legs, works great.

If you can pick these up on sale, tought to beat. They go on sale often

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10402&filter=router%20switch

Howie