PDA

View Full Version : Pen Turning Firsts

Brent Scoggins
04-23-2007, 12:32 AM
I bought a lathe about a month ago, and here are some pictures of my first pens. I would like to know what you think? The pens are slim line, European, and Churchill rollerball. I used cocobolo, zebrawood, walnut, cherry, maple, elm, pecan, Honduras rosewood, Bolivian rosewood, ash, bloodwood, yellowheart, purpleheart, mesquite, and acrylic. Thanks for looking!!!

Leigh Costello
04-23-2007, 12:55 AM
I think the pens look great! Keep up the good work! By the way, my first pens looked nothing like yours.

Marc Martindale
04-23-2007, 12:57 AM
You really went to town Brent! All the pens are cool, but I especially like the segmented ones.

Welcome to the Creek too!

Jonathon Spafford
04-23-2007, 1:07 AM
WOW!!! Those are amazing.... the wood variety and the designs and segmentation is all spectacular! Those don't look like firsts to me...leastwise I wasn't that talented when I started ;) Sure looks like your having fun though! Welcome to the forum and keep the pictures coming... we all love pix!!!

Brent Scoggins
04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for looking, and thanks for the responses. It is always exciting when you start something new. In time I hope to improve on the quality of the pens.

Bernie Weishapl
04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Those are some beauties. Very nice job.

Keith Burns
04-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Brent, welcome to the Creek ! Now I'll tell you what I think about your pens............they are great !! Nice job, keep it up !!!!