PDA

View Full Version : GOOD (Gloat) Story

Tyler Howell
04-22-2007, 11:53 PM
This baby finally went into service at the new place this weekend.
It's been in storage all winter.
I had one of the tan 3HP models in the corner of my garage during a G. sale.
A neighbor fell in love, and had to have it. Had it 3 years with no plans to sell.
He tried to low ball me and I reminded him it wasn't for sale.
He came back 4 times insisting I sell it to him.
I quoted a huge price to get rid of him. He kept pressing.
I finally suggested he could do better with a new one. Even told him about TSC or Northern tools.
On the 4th trip he returned with a check from his wife, cash from his brother and the contents of his kids piggy bank.

OOOOOOOK!!!
I threw in $25 of my own and bought the 5 HP Titanium... Tried to warn him!!!!
PIX is pretty distorted, my photo program keeps messing with it?
That thing is over six feet tall on the pallet.

Steve Rowe
04-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Oh man! Some folks get all the good neighbors.:D Congrats.
Steve

Karl Laustrup
04-23-2007, 7:31 AM
Man don't you just hate it when people throw money at you to sell something you don't want to sell? ;) :D

Nice score Tyler. It appears that will handle all your needs. Present and future. :D

Karl

Don Bullock
04-23-2007, 7:39 AM
Tyler, that's taking the "good neighbor" concept to a different level. Congratulations on your new tank 5hp compressor.

Ron Hedrick
04-23-2007, 9:13 AM
Yeah, I hate it when that happens. But, it happens to me all the time. People just throw money at me all the time. And I date Morgan Fairchild, she's crazy about me, Yeah that's the ticket. NOT!! Some people have all the luck, Congrats.

PS Send your neighbor by my place I think I have some items he would really like.

Jim Becker
04-23-2007, 9:15 AM
I was concerned when I saw the color, but...it's got the right brand name on it!!! Nice one, Tyler!!! Next stop: plumbing supply company for some expensive copper! LOL!

Byron Trantham
04-23-2007, 9:36 AM
OoooH! Very Nice!!!

Neighboot sounds like he has more money than sense!:D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
That titanium might clash with the mustard don't you think Tyler?

Congrats!

Eddie Watkins
04-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Nice One, Tyler! Where did you get it? I've been looking and all the IR compressors I've seen have been tan. What's the difference?

Eddie

Tyler Howell
04-23-2007, 10:08 AM
He scared me with his insistance.
On the last visit he showed up at my door after dark with his brother.
I slipped an equilizer into my belt and walked out to the gararge with them:rolleyes: .
Kept them both in view and a quick easy exit at all times.
I took pix of all my check users for a little more protection;) .
All's well that ends well.

Al Willits
04-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Congrats, nice looking compressor there.
Seems my neighbors just want to borrow stuff...not buy..:)

Where you at, running the air intake outside would work great, reduce noise inside and have cleaner air for the compressor.

Al

Tyler Howell
04-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Nice One, Tyler! Where did you get it? I've been looking and all the IR compressors I've seen have been tan. What's the difference?

Eddie

Hey Eddie,
I got it from Tractor Supply Company. All the specs and price are the same for the 5HP tan.
I think it is a YUPY market test more than anything.;)

Tyler Howell
04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Where you at, running the air intake outside would work great, reduce noise inside and have cleaner air for the compressor.

Al
I was think about that yesterday Al as I moved it into it's temp home.
(I do listen some times:o )
Do you filter the air outside too:confused: How about put a hood on the intake to keep driving rain an snow out:confused:

Tyler Howell
04-23-2007, 10:26 AM
Nice one, Tyler!!! Next stop: plumbing supply company for some expensive copper!
Going to salvage the copper lines from my garage and shop in the city. At these $$$$ it's worth my time to recycle.

Al Willits
04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Tyler, you remember the filter I had for my compressor?
That used to be outside till they added 12 foot to the garage.
Stop by and I'll show ya.

I can probably make a set up for ya if ya know what size pipe your gonna exit with.
A yes a hood over it would help keep rain and snow from it.

Al