PDA

View Full Version : Universal V-460 Problem

James Meagher
04-22-2007, 9:18 PM
Hi all,

Need some real help here. about 6 months ago I had this problem the the homing postion when I set the laser to home it would go there and start hitting the side of the laser against the motor, then it stopped until about a month ago and they sent me a new cpu for the laser and new motor and flex cables also flex cable boards changed out everything still the same problem. so the sent me a board for the motor I just replaced and it seemed to work only for about 10 minutes and bang things are doing the same again. It has been over 6 months now and I tihnk I ran the machine maybe 2 hours, Don't you think it is time for the company to take the machine back and give my money back .

Let me know what you think and what to do next

Pissed off laser user

Nancy Laird
04-22-2007, 9:57 PM
James, I don't know where you are, but Mike MacKenzie from ULS is a member here. If I were you, I'd send him a PM and enlist his assistance with this problem. Sounds to me like it's time for ULS to give you a new machine and junk this one.

Nancy

Mike Mackenzie
04-23-2007, 12:18 PM
James,

I have sent you an e-mail please get back to me and we will figure this out.

Ed Lang
04-23-2007, 4:11 PM
To answer your question.....

I do not think it is time for the company to give you your money back. I do think it is time for you to call customer support and get the help needed to fix your machine.

You asked.

Ed

Nancy Laird
04-23-2007, 4:15 PM
James (and Ed). You've had this machine for the larger part of a year, and haven't had more than two hours of actual laser time on it. In the auto industry, this would come under the Lemon Law, and I am certain that ULS has a similar policy. It's not time to get your money back--it's time for ULS to step up and deliver a new machine and take the old one away and either fix it and resell it with full disclosure as a refurnished machine or just turn it into a boat anchor.

Having dealt with ULS for over two years--minimally, admittedly--I believe that ULS will step up and do the right thing.

Nancy

James Meagher
04-23-2007, 6:18 PM
I( now have mike helping me out

James Meagher
04-23-2007, 10:42 PM
I would like to thank Mike Mackenzie on helping me out for most of the night tonight and we finally have my machine up and running again

The fix:
Took new motor out and replace the board on it from the old motor and machine is working fine must have been a loose connection there somewhere but it is just funny that is the third motor I havein this now and that was the problem

Again thanks to mike I will be happy again.

Nancy Laird
04-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Three cheers for Mike. I knew that if anyone could help you, it would be him.

Good news, and happy lasering!!

Nancy