PDA

View Full Version : Grex Pinners?? Which one

Steven Evans
04-22-2007, 2:11 PM
I am looking at the P635,P645 models. When using the P635 will it sink the 1 3/8 pins properly? If I go with the P645 will Ibe able to use the 1 3/4" pins with out blow out? That is will the pins drive straight? I am looking to do casing and moldings with glue.

Dan Clark
04-22-2007, 3:13 PM
Steven,

I've been looking at 23g pinner. My choices are narrowed down to the Grex 645L or a Cadex pinner. Overall, I like the 645L a lot, but the Cadex pinners can also shoot slightly headed pins, which are supposed to hold a little better.

From my research into this, a lot of pros insist that they never shoot more the 1-3/8 pins for fear of blowout. OTOH, if you are shooting through sheet rock, the extra length is nice.

Regardless of the pin I would shoot, I'll get the largest Grex or Cadex (which have pretty much the same body). You see, I was firmly convinced that I wanted a smaller pinner until I had the Grex 635 and 645 in my hand.

For whatever reason, the 635 doesn't fit my hand. On the 635, my fingers constantly catch the triggers when I grasp the gun. The 645 has a bigger gap between the triggers and the pin slide and my fingers don't catch its triggers.

Suggestion - make sure you handle the pinner personally before buying.

Regards,

Dan.

Per Swenson
04-22-2007, 8:59 PM
I have the 1 3/8 capacity Grex pinner.

I use it daily. I get a little thrill every time I open the box.

I purchased it before the 1 3/4 was available.

I saw that 1 3/4 at the Mid Atlantic Expo show.

I would rather have that one but no regrets.

I will get it eventually.

Worried about blow out?

Shoots pins all the way down to 1/2 inch.

My two cents.

Per

why? Shoots pins all the way down to

Scott Thornton
04-22-2007, 10:54 PM
I have the smaller Grex as well. I didn't know how much I would use it, so I didn't want to spend the extra money on the 645.

No regrets, I use it a ton and haven't found a need yet for the bigger one...although, I don't doubt that one day I'll get, just because there is something better out there...but until I really find a need, the Grex is my favorite nailer I have.

Barry Anderson
04-22-2007, 11:39 PM
I've the smaller Grex, myself. All of my other nailers are PC ... Although I have been satisfied, I thought I would try something different. I really like the Grex. Works GREAT!! Now I'm thinking I might have to try more of their stuff. I bought the smaller one because I thought I would never need a 1 3/4 inch 24Guage pin!! So far I haven't. Anything that long I believe I would like a thicker fastner.

Barry in WV

Jeff Wright
04-23-2007, 9:31 AM
I ordered the smaller Grex pin nailer from Amazon over a month ago and didn't receive it due to supposedly being back ordered. I cancelled that order at the advise of Amazon and reordered it through one of their third party providers. While the price was higher and I was going to be charged $15 for shipping, Amazon credited my account the differences in prices as well as the fee for shipping (since I have that $79 per year free shipping deal). Now I am hoping the pin nailer arrives in short order. I should have bought one at my local WoodCraft store and paid the extra $10 as it turns out! But I credit Amazon for treating me right.