PDA

View Full Version : SWTCA Houston Regional Meeting - April 28

Lynn Dowd
04-22-2007, 1:16 PM
A heads up for you Central and South Texas folks, or anyone else who would like to make the drive to Houston:

Saturday, April 28, starting at 8:00 a.m. and going until about 1:00 P.M., the Southwest Tool Collectors Association will have a meet at Hickory Hollow Bar-B-Q, 101 Heights Blvd., just south of I-10, in Houston, Texas. This is usually a small, but enthusiastic, crowd with a surprising variety of vintage and antique tools. Jim Goodson is hosting this shindig, and will be there with an assortment of carved European tools from the 16th through the 18th centuries - beautiful stuff that was usually made by the craftsman who used them. Word is that Don Rosebrook will be there. He's the guy who wrote the book AMERICAN LEVELS AND THEIR MAKERS. A very nice guy, and very knowledgeable about antique tools in general. Charley Koll, who has one of the most extensive collections of No. 2 size planes you'll see anywhere, should be there with a few No. 2s for sale. Hopefully, Pat Lasswell will be there with an assortment of 18th century American tools. I'll be making the 4 hour drive from Garland with user grade and collectible tools for woodworking and other crafts.

It's always a great group of folks, and I learn something new everytime I make the trip. I hope to see some of ya'll there.

Lynn