PDA

View Full Version : Finally some pictures

Roy McQuay
04-22-2007, 9:50 AM
Here is a picture of a table I made for my wife, who is handicapped, as her eating table and to hold her laptop most other times. It is of walnut and curly maple with tung oil finish.62978

glenn bradley
04-22-2007, 9:58 AM
Beautiful figure. How about a couple more shots so you can show it off? :)

Roy McQuay
04-22-2007, 10:00 AM
Beautiful figure. How about a couple more shots so you can show it off? :)I have more pics but am slow at resizing. I hope to be adding more.

Jim Becker
04-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Your wife is indeed eating ( and keyboarding ) in style! Very nice table!

Don Bullock
04-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Another beautiful combination of different wood. Excellent!

dan moran
04-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I have more pics but am slow at resizing. I hope to be adding more.

try fotosizer... its free and it will resize a whole directory of photos for you and you only have to do it once..

http://www.fotosizer.com/

ive used it more than a couple of times, and its pretty nice not having to open each pic to resize it..

Roy McQuay
04-22-2007, 12:10 PM
try fotosizer... its free and it will resize a whole directory of photos for you and you only have to do it once..

http://www.fotosizer.com/

ive used it more than a couple of times, and its pretty nice not having to open each pic to resize it..I downloaded and will try it, thanks.

Roy McQuay
04-22-2007, 12:16 PM
62991Hope this works62993This is a white oak glider I made for a friend.62994

Zahid Naqvi
04-22-2007, 9:48 PM
You got some neat looking projects there Roy, the table looks wonderful, I bet it's even better in person.

Nancy Laird
04-22-2007, 9:54 PM
Roy, that's the glider from Wood Magazine about 12 years ago, isn't it? Great plans, and nice execution.

We made one of these for my MIL shortly before she died from the same plans. She got that issue in the mail about two weeks after FIL died, and was saying that she really liked it because it would fit in the spot where she had always wanted a swing, but didn't have room for one. So we built it (from cedar) over two weekends and took it to her. She got to sit in it about twice before she was too sick to get up and out. It now resides in our sunroom, where the cats have taken it over!!

Nancy

Roy McQuay
04-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Roy, that's the glider from Wood Magazine about 12 years ago, isn't it? Great plans, and nice execution.

We made one of these for my MIL shortly before she died from the same plans. She got that issue in the mail about two weeks after FIL died, and was saying that she really liked it because it would fit in the spot where she had always wanted a swing, but didn't have room for one. So we built it (from cedar) over two weekends and took it to her. She got to sit in it about twice before she was too sick to get up and out. It now resides in our sunroom, where the cats have taken it over!!

NancyGreat memory. Minus the little apples. I made 2 out of pt first, trying to get one for myself. I still don't have one yet.

Roy Wall
04-22-2007, 10:44 PM
From one Roy to another..........

AWESOME!!!

Nancy Laird
04-22-2007, 11:18 PM
Great memory. Minus the little apples. I made 2 out of pt first, trying to get one for myself. I still don't have one yet.

We turned the apples into hearts. :)

Nancy

Eugene A. Manzo III
04-23-2007, 9:45 AM
Very Nice Job !!! Can somebody point me in the right direction to the glider plans ????

Thank You
Eugene Manzo III

Roy McQuay
04-23-2007, 9:53 AM
Very Nice Job !!! Can somebody point me in the right direction to the glider plans ????

Thank You
Eugene Manzo IIII will try and get back to you. I still have that issue of Wood mag. You could probably get it online though. I have some errands and then will look for it though, to let you know which issue.

Rich Torino
04-23-2007, 9:56 AM
Roy,
Great stuff. I really like the combo of curly maple and the walnut...

Nancy Laird
04-23-2007, 9:57 AM
Eugene,

The glider plans are in Issue No. 79, June 1995 of Wood Magazine.
PM sent.
Nancy

Roy McQuay
04-23-2007, 4:47 PM

Thank You
Eugene Manzo IIII finally got some time and looked it up. It is in the June 1995 issue and it is pictured on the cover. Hope this helps.

Roy McQuay
04-23-2007, 6:23 PM
Eugene,

The glider plans are in Issue No. 79, June 1995 of Wood Magazine.
PM sent.
NancyThanks Nancy, I wish I had seen this before I posted. Thanks everyone for your comments.

Charles Jackson III
04-24-2007, 5:07 PM
Very nice table.