PDA

View Full Version : Gloat - When does 4 inches equal...

Don Bullock
04-22-2007, 12:28 AM
... four inches?
Answer: When you have a good, accurate fence.

The first cut with the Incra. The fence was set at 4" and my caliper measured exactly 4"! (sorry it's out of focus)

When the LOML saw me trying to make a cut with my 1979 model Craftsman table saw she thought that there had to be a better way. Well, thanks to her comments and generosity, I now have a better way.

The Incra Table Saw LS Rip Fence System came last night and I installed it this afternoon. WOW!!! What a difference. Those of you who have never struggles with the old style fence that I had on my old Craftsman have no idea what this means to my woodworking. I'm sure that the SawStop fence or one of the other fences could be just as accurate, but this is a dream come true for me. Just getting the old fence parallel to the blade was always a struggle. Now it's very simple. Now, I'm ready to start cutting wood.:D

Mike Heidrick
04-22-2007, 1:37 AM
I almost thought your extension table had flame graphics - That would be SOOO Sweet if it did!

I have the Incra LS25 Pro on my router table and the 52" TGlide on the Sawstop. I love them both!!

Updated my pic website tonight.

My Website (http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/bloomingtonmikeswoodshop/)

Richard Butler
04-22-2007, 7:21 AM
A good fence is a pleasure to use. Congrats on the new fence. When I first got my Unifence, I set it to +.004 and every cut I made was +.004. Set the fence to 3.750. I get 3.754. Set the fence to 8.50, I got 8.504. I reset it to .000 just this past week.

glenn bradley
04-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Congrats Don. I've been there. A good fence will change your whole outlook to approaching a cut.

Don Bullock
04-22-2007, 1:31 PM
I almost thought your extension table had flame graphics - That would be SOOO Sweet if it did!

Mike, if I recall correctly, that flame job cost more than the SS. :eek:

Greg Cole
04-23-2007, 10:11 AM
Don,
Congrats on the INCRA stuff. I just LOVE mine. It's a mile above & beyond the Biesie knock off I had previously.
One comment though... a flame job came before a tool upgrade.... we need to examine those priorities! LOLOL

Greg