PDA

View Full Version : Positive CS Experience with PM

Frank Snyder
04-21-2007, 8:48 AM
Since I've heard and read all sorts of bad press regarding Powermatic's lackluster customer service, I thought I'd post my recent (and first) experience with them which was actually positive.

I have their 720HD industrial hollow chisel mortiser which is just under a year old (PM has only a one-year warranty on their industrial products). Just recently, the threads inside the cast iron head stock for the depth stop lock stripped out completely. I contacted PM expecting them to tell me that it was overtightened and it wasn't their problem, but instead, this was their response...

HI Frank,
Thanks for your e-mail. What is the date of purchase and your shipping address including telephone number? I will be glad to send you the part under warranty.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Aundrea Berkey
Internet Customer Support
WMH Tool Group
Makers of POWERMATIC®, JET®, and WILTON® products

I should receive a new head stock next week.

Since we always hear about the bad experiences, I just thought it was only fair to share the good experiences as well.

Steve Jensen
04-21-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey Frank, good to hear some positive news now and then. I also posted about an experience with Delta CS that I thought would be negative, but turned out positive.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56404

Steve

Thane Duncan
04-22-2007, 12:20 AM
Ditto. I have a model 60 jointer, I sheared off a bolt, because the dummy (me) did not loosen up the locking nut first. I bought it in 1999 or so. They sent two free arrived 4 days later last week. Could not ask for more. Bad news travels fast. Good news never starts.
TD:)