PDA

View Full Version : refurbished Harvey Peace saw

Pat Zabrocki
04-20-2007, 7:07 PM
Hi everybody,
First I suppose I should introduce myself. I'm Pat Zabrocki and I've been lurking about for quite a while, so I thought it was about time to speak up. I live in St. Louis (St. Charles, actually), MO. I've been woodworking for a few years but I travel 4-5 days a week for work so the projects take a while and the learning curve can be a little steep. This site is a good read while I'm couped up in the hotel. Anyway, I snagged an old Harvey Peace saw on the bay with a terrible handle. My Mike Wenzloff saws served as more than enough inspiration. Mike is phenomenal and currently has some sort of direct pipeline into my bank account but thats another story. I decided to make the new handle from Bacote and I think it turned out okay for a first effort. I've got a small backsaw next up in the queue as well as a couple perfect handle tools that I think would be fun to rehandle. Oh yeah, theres that purpleheart and curly maple toy box for my daughter in the background. She's 8, suppose I should finish it for her 9th birthday before it becomes a hope chest for her 18th birthday :)

I really enjoy checking out the project pics on here, they really give me something to aspire to. So, check out my humble offering. Some of you simple make my eyes get big.
cheers
Pat

Mark Stutz
04-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Tim,
Nice job on the tote. It's easy to get inspiration from the job Mike does...and speaking of MIke, I spy a half-back and a no. 9 on the bench as well...good looking saws. I may have to come over and try them out!

Mark

Pat Zabrocki
04-20-2007, 11:56 PM
You are correct, the Wenzloff saws the table include a half back, a number nine and panel saw. The handles are curly bubinga. I guess a bit of gloat. I've got another panel saw and number nine coming soon. Those will be crosscut and I'll post some pics when they arrive.
cheers
Pat