PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Music

Hal Peeler
04-20-2007, 7:36 AM
I downloaded a few songs from Wal Mart.com yesterday for the first time on my work PC. I then tried to copy them to a cd and the cd won't play, either in the truck or on my home PC. This is kind of useless if I can't take the music with me. Is there a way to copy them so that I can use them other places? Thanks in advance
Hal

Andrew Williams
04-20-2007, 7:48 AM
You need some type of program that will convert the downloaded .mp3 or .aac or whatever downloadable format back into CD audio format (usually .aif or .wav). The bitrate is 16bit and sample frequency is 44.1kHz.

I use a program called Jam (by Roxio) for mac. I do not know what is available on pc but itunes may also do this. If you just drag the .mp3 files to your CD-R and burn it, they will not play on a regular CD player. they will play on a portable .mp3 player however.

Cliff Rohrabacher
04-20-2007, 8:13 AM
NERO the penultimate CD Manipulation software.

Al Willits
04-20-2007, 9:19 AM
Roxio or Nero both should be able to do that, might try Exact Audio Copy as its a free program and is very good.
Not sure if EAC will go from a dl'd source to WAV though

Remember the lower the bit rate the poorer the sound, so after returning it to WAV it doesn't sound as good as your original CD's, don't be supprised.

Al

Peter Stahl
04-20-2007, 2:44 PM
I downloaded a few songs from Wal Mart.com yesterday for the first time on my work PC. I then tried to copy them to a cd and the cd won't play, either in the truck or on my home PC. This is kind of useless if I can't take the music with me. Is there a way to copy them so that I can use them other places? Thanks in advance
Hal

Older stereos won't play MP3's so like someone said you'll have to convert them. You can put a lot of mp3's on a cd compared to normal cd format which I think is .cda not sure what program would work for your PC. My son always used "Easy CD Creator" and it did a good job.

Grant Wilkinson
04-20-2007, 6:41 PM
Hal

I think Walmart is like Puretracks and a couple of other download sites. If it is, you need to play the song one time on your PC using windows media player. Doing that downloads the licence that you bought for the song. Then you can copy it using Nero, EasyCD, media player or any number of other burners.