PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
04-20-2007, 6:46 AM
Friday April 20th, 2007

Hope y'all had a good week. It's been a pretty good week up here. Weather is getting a little better and we're supposed to have a great weekend. Calling for 70's with sunny skies.

With weather co-operating I think some yard work is in order. Lots of stuff to do outside as we didn't really do anything last year when we moved in. It's flower time and maybe even prep a spot for a garden.

The Pheonix race is Saturday night and I'm looking forward to seeing the race in HD on Fox. Charter cable and Fox finally resolved their differences about broadcasting in HD this week. YIPPEE!!! :D :D Also, we'll get to see the PACKERS this fall in HD too.

Take a few moments and remember those at VT as they try and make sense of the tragedy of this past week.

Hope you have a great weekend. PLAY SAFE!

Karl

Roy McQuay
04-20-2007, 7:15 AM
I've got to get a new battery for my lawn tractor so I can cut grass. I'm hoping it is cheaper than the gas here. I am also in the middle of making 3 adirondak settees, one is a gift and two are sold. Beautiful outside here already. Everyone have a nice weekend.

Andrew Williams
04-20-2007, 7:22 AM
All the panel glue-ups for the blanket chest are done. Finished the side joinery yesterday. Not much left to do on the case except cut the rest of the panels to match the sides. I won't be able to put it together unless the square cut finish nails arrive today.

Tyler Howell
04-20-2007, 7:22 AM
Hey Karl,
Headed North, More Tractor shopping!
Whole punch list of stuff at the new place. One of the lady friends is coming along to help. Alot of it in the shop. A little paint, wiring and demensioning lumber.
VT hasn't been far from my heart and mind all week:(
Play safe.

Fred Voorhees
04-20-2007, 7:34 AM
Heading to Cape May,NJ early today (Fri) morning in order to get a bunch of hours in pickeral and bass fishing in the various cedar water lakes down that way. Spending time with my youngest brother and a fishing/racing buddy of mine both surf fishing for, hopefully, striped bass and various other species and fresh water fishing for the aforementioned lunkers. A repeat of the pictures below from last year wouldn't be to bad.

Bill Huber
04-20-2007, 9:38 AM
I have to finish up the pull outs for the kitchen this weekend, that is if the brackets get here in time.
Then dig a trench so I can get the the wiring to the shop underground.

Now I will be watching the race and I hope the right person wins it. Now I am not going to say which person that is, I will just let you guess.. :)

Al Willits
04-20-2007, 9:49 AM
Ya mean other than cleaning????:D

I'll be posting a mini gloat hopefully soon, as Nic has sent me a really nice tool and as soon as I figure how to plug it in, I'll take a picture or two and post...thanks Nic btw

Hopefully getting out to the garage to work on the storage cabinet some today, cleaning the upstairs reloading/disposal area is scheduled for this morning first though.

I have been off on vacation since yesturday so enjoying the nice weather we are having.

Hope all have a nice and safe weekend.
Ted, I'll clean for both of us...you make something this weekend....:D

Al

Ted Miller
04-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Ya mean other than cleaning????:D

I'll be posting a mini gloat hopefully soon, as Nic has sent me a really nice tool and as soon as I figure how to plug it in, I'll take a picture or two and post...thanks Nic btw

Hopefully getting out to the garage to work on the storage cabinet some today, cleaning the upstairs reloading/disposal area is scheduled for this morning first though.

I have been off on vacation since yesturday so enjoying the nice weather we are having.

Hope all have a nice and safe weekend.
Ted, I'll clean for both of us...you make something this weekend....:D

Al

Al, Can't wait to see the new tool.

I already cleaned yesterday so I can concentrate on a bunch of kitchen drawers today and this weekend all done with the Domino.

Everyone have a good and safe weekend, oh yea and don't forget to keep that shop clean...

Nancy Laird
04-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Today - work at the day job.
Tomorrow - trip to Santa Fe to help install a dust collection system and, hopefully, get my computer fixed so it doesn't reboot when I'm in the middle of something
Sunday - maybe, just maybe, I'll get into the shop to do some turning. We still have a huge lasering job to get done.

Justin McCurdy
04-20-2007, 12:57 PM
My parents called last night to say they were going to make the 6 hr. trek to our house for a couple of days. It was a bit of a surprise, mainly because of the short notice, but it should be fun. I hung a 42x48 cabinet on the wall last night and I plan on cutting/assembling/hanging a 24x80 cabinet by Saturday night. I have to wait 2 weeks to pick up the face frame wood (rift red oak) before I can really finish them off, but I'm sure the wife will keep me busy until then. I have to edge a 28 x 16 garden, sharpen the tractor blades and clean the cutting deck, as well as plant 25 trees and a couple smaller plants by the end of next week. Too bad it is supposed to rain here all of next week. I can put off the outside work for some shop time.

Dennis Peacock
04-20-2007, 2:52 PM
Wow Karl....is it that time again?!!!

It's more work for the day job and maybe some time for a little work on the oval kitchen table......is it just me or does anyone else seem to take FOREVER on projects due to limited time in the shop???........

Jim Becker
04-20-2007, 4:39 PM
I just picked up a few sheets of BB ply from a local supplier and hope to cut some of it up this weekend for the next two cherry vanities as well as a planned tool cabinet for the shop. Nice stuff and reasonably priced. I'll likely have to do some running around with one of the girls; no YMCA tomorrow as the younger has a birthday party to attend and there is no Karate for the older, but...after being away all week, I'll have to do a bit of the parental thing.

One thing I will NOT be doing is working outside. Despite the sun and warm weather planned for this weekend, this place is like a "river" right now from all the rain earlier in the week...there is a new temporary "spring" right in our parking area. Oy!

Glenn Clabo
04-20-2007, 5:05 PM
The Pheonix race is Saturday night and I'm looking forward to seeing the race in HD on Fox. Charter cable and Fox finally resolved their differences about broadcasting in HD this week. YIPPEE!!! :D :D Also, we'll get to see the PACKERS this fall in HD too.
Karl

Karl...You are in for a treat...First HD race was at Bristol and all I can remember was DrLOML's comment...who really does not understand racing...Oh MY...THAT's JUST BEYOND AMAZING!!!

Jack Ganssle
04-20-2007, 8:23 PM
In Canada on business; headed home, plan to stop in a not-so-little place in Muncy, PA tomorrow, if things work out...

Jack

Matt Meiser
04-20-2007, 9:24 PM
Busy weekend here. We already emptied the room that will be my new office, moved the home office down to the basement, and ripped up the carpet and pad in the new office. Tomorrow I'll be installing a laminate floor. Other things that need to get done are rolling down the mole hills, mowing the lawn, mounting the external antenna I bought for our wireless broadband card, and running a couple new CAT5 cables (and coax for TV) to the new office.

Andrew Williams
04-21-2007, 1:18 AM
Just got home from work (12:30am, yikes) and the nails arrived! Looks like I might be making that case this weekend after all...