PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Letters

Bob Kline
04-19-2007, 3:11 PM
I got a request to engrave a Spanich name and a few of the letters have a small forward slash above them. Does anyone know how to insert these?

Joe Pelonio
04-19-2007, 3:17 PM
That depends on your program. For example on my Gerber Graphix Advantage I have to view the alphabet for that font, select the character with the accent on it, copy and paste it.

In Corel 12, you start in text mode where you want it, then click (at the top)
Text, then insert character, then select it.

Mike Null
04-19-2007, 3:35 PM
Type the word, highlight the character you want to accent, under the text menu select "insert symbol character", find the one you want and drag it to the highlighted character. Be sure you have the same font selected.

This applies to Corel Draw.

Ron Wiik
04-19-2007, 3:43 PM
Most of those characters are in the extended ASCII set. You can see a copy here: http://www.asciitable.com/ Just hold the Alt key and type in the number on the number pad. It works in most programs. I just checked and it works with Corel ver9.

Mark Anderson
04-20-2007, 7:01 AM
Another easy way is to go to the Windows START menu and select RUN...type in charmap.exe. This brings up the character map. Just select your font and it will display all associated symbols included in that font. Select,Copy and paste. It is included in every version of Windows and will display every font and character set installed. :)