PDA

View Full Version : Delta customer service

Steve Jensen
04-18-2007, 10:43 PM
When I setup my Delta drill press, some of the paint came off the cast iron around the quill where the protective plastic was. Also, the manual was a xerox copy and the photos were hard to read. I managed to get everything together okay but still, I wanted a decent manual and some touch up paint.

I sent an email to Delta customer service and explained my situation. I asked if I could please get a readable manual and how to purchase touch up paint that would match. I received an automated reply stating they would reply within 48 hours.

Several days, almost a week passed by and no reply. I was so disappointed. I sent another email, and kindly stated that I had hoped for more from such a well repected company such as Delta.

I went on vacation for 10 days and when I returned on Monday I had a manual in the mail and a huge can of Delta grey touch up paint on the porch. They never replied to the email but I wasn't expecting them to give me the touch up paint free, that was a surprise!

I'm just glad to see that companies still value customer service and thought I would share :-)

Burt Waddell
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Steve,

Just had a pleasant customer service experience with Hilti. On Monday, I recveived a new Hilti saw. It did not have a blade with it. I called Hilti andf they said they would take care of it. Today I recieved two blades from Hilti.

Burt

David Wilson
04-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Good to hear!

Nancy Laird
04-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Delta et al pride themselves on their customer service, and I'm really surprised at the lack of response to the first e-mail...and they really should have responded to the second one.

I've told this story before, but it goes hand in hand: when we got our new Steel City planer, the battery in the digital height gauge was dead, so LOML called SC on their CS line. The person answering identified himself as "Scott", and hubby explained the problem. "No problem," was the reply, and a couple of days later, a box arrived on our doorstep with not just one battery, but two of them, and a spare height gauge, just in case the one we had gotten was the culprit rather than the battery. The "Scott" who answered the phone was none other than Scott Box, the President of SC. One of his CS guys had taken a lunch break, so Scott was sitting on the phones!

Wonder if the president of Delta, or Hilti, or PM, or Jet, or Rikon ever sat on the CS phones????

Nancy

Steve Jensen
04-18-2007, 11:00 PM
It makes me feel like I've made a wise purchase when I make a reasonable request and the company not only honors the request but goes a little further.

Nancy, I'd be willing to be that the answer is NO, that Presidents of the larger companies don't sit on the phones.

Hey, this is off topic for this thread, but how does one aquire the "2007 contributor" tag next to their name?

Thanks.

jonathan snyder
04-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Hey, this is off topic for this thread, but how does one aquire the "2007 contributor" tag next to their name?

Thanks.

Steve, click on the donate button on top of this screen r click here! http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Sawmill creek is user supported! Have you noticed the lack of advertising?

Please help if you can.

Jonathan

Nancy Laird
04-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Steve, look just below the sig line in my last post and click on the link.

Nancy

Steve Jensen
04-18-2007, 11:25 PM
I have noticed the lack of ads. I also like the fact that people here use their real names and real people instead of "WuYzXXber" or "DarqueMan". I just followed th link and chipped in. I will do what I can each month to help.

jonathan snyder
04-19-2007, 1:53 AM
I have noticed the lack of ads. I also like the fact that people here use their real names and real people instead of "WuYzXXber" or "DarqueMan". I just followed th link and chipped in. I will do what I can each month to help.

Well good on ya Steve :) :) . Sawmill creek has a real sense of community. I agree with you I think a-lot of it has to do with using real names. I believe the suggested donotation is $6.00 per year, although I think a-lot of folks give a bit more that that. I'm sure its not cheap to host a site as large and active as this.

Welcome to the creek!

Jonathan

Sandy Masquith
04-19-2007, 8:08 AM
That's definately good to hear about Delta and Steel City. When a person purchases this kind of equipment, we do so with the hopes that the company that makes them will stand by them.

I've been pleased with the support I've gotten on my Ridgid tools. I had a problem with my jointer more than a year after I purchased it. The cutter-head cover wouldn't stay closed any more. I called Ridgid and explained the problem and what I thought was broken. They sent me an entire kit of parts without any question. The broken part was my fault...I never really put it together properly. They didn't charge me a cent, even though I explained it was my fault. I'm very happy with my Ridgid tools so far.

I also recently had trouble with a relatively new Porter Cable router. This thing sits in the router table exclusively. One part broke...then another. I explained all this to the service center...mailed in the router asking them to call me with an estimate to repair. After 3 weeks I still hadn't heard anything on an estimate...the day I was going to call the service center I got a package via UPS...it was a brand new (well, refurbished) router! No charge for that, either. Good on ya, PC. :)

John W. Willis
04-19-2007, 8:55 AM
I recently bought a "display" model Delta 31-695 from Lowe's. When I got it in the shop I realized that the "T" handle wrench was missing. I called Delta CS and got a rep right away. He took care of me in a very courteous and timely manner.

I will buy Delta again.

Geoffrey Frey
04-20-2007, 12:08 PM
I had really good customer service from Delta and Home Depot. A while back I bought a 52" Unifence from HD, and after a couple weeks it came in (wasn't in stock). I picked up the package, and when I got to the van, I realized that there was only 1 of 2 boxes. I went back in and told the person at CS that there was only 1 of 2 and that the rail should be around somewhere, I also told them that box shouldn't be hard to miss as it would be about 6 feet long. They couldn't find it.

I returned home mad (HD is 3 hours away from me) and dissapointed. I called HD and told them this, but it seamed that no one could help me. After about a week I finally got someone at HD who could help. After explaining everything to her, it still took another week and a half of phone tag. She finally told me she would get Delta to send the rail to my house via courrier. I was quite surprised when one day about another week later when the fence showed up at my door. The next day the rail finally shows up at my door. Shortly after that HD calls me and says they found my rail, and they are sending it out to me.

So after all that I ended up getting 2 52" fence systems for the price of one. HD ended up winning a customer back that day, and Delta's CS was not too shabby either in their quick response to my problem.

Geoff

Nancy Laird
04-20-2007, 1:19 PM
And you kept both fences??? Hmmmmmm.