PDA

View Full Version : Found some great turning tools!

Mark Singer
12-29-2003, 9:10 AM
Hi,
I was looking for a set of turning tools and found some great one from Marples, on everybodies favorite: Ebay here is the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2368102511&category=20762
now don"t all bid against each other!!!!
Mark

Scott Greaves
12-29-2003, 3:44 PM
Hi Mark,

While Marples can make some decent woodworking chisels, they are not known for making turning tools. When buying turning tools, you should look for at least M2 High Speed Steel. These chisels from Marples are not at least M2 HSS. There is a cheap set of true HSS turning tools from Harbor Freight that aren't much more than this set. But thanks for passing along what seems like a good deal. I, for one, have benefitted greatly from my friends passing along their good deals! So thanks! And if you happen to see some worthless old Glaser Hitec turning tools listed on Ebay, you can let me know! :D

Scott.

Mark Singer
12-29-2003, 8:38 PM
Scott,
Thanks,I may cancel... What about the Jet Mini Lathe brand new from Amazon for $175 shipping included. I think the price is good what about the quality?
Thanks,
Mark

Charles McKinley
12-29-2003, 9:51 PM
Hi Mark,

The Jet is a good little lathe. The price was dropped becuse they brought out the variable speed model. Kieth makes a replacement washer for the tail stock to help it stay better.

Scott Greaves
12-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Hi Mark,

Well, since I just ordered and received my new Jet Mini VS from Amazon last week, I'd have to say that this was a good deal, a great place to order from, and an excellent lathe! I had the regular Jet Mini for the past two years, which is what you're looking at. I love it! But my Wife wanted to get a Variable Speed one so she could turn along with me. She's advancing nicely in her penturning skills, and even turned her first weedpot before Christmas!

Scott.

David Woodruff
06-02-2010, 4:44 PM
Scott,
Thanks,I may cancel... What about the Jet Mini Lathe brand new from Amazon for $175 shipping included. I think the price is good what about the quality?
Thanks,
Mark

you get what you pay for ...Don't waste your $......David Woodruff

Ken Fitzgerald
06-02-2010, 5:09 PM
David,

The thread is 7 years old.

I suggest your reply will go unnoticed.

Will Overton
06-02-2010, 5:57 PM
:):):)

Ken,

How long to threads remain available?

Ken Fitzgerald
06-02-2010, 5:58 PM
Will,

Obviously for at least 7 years...though I really don't know.

Bruce Page
06-02-2010, 7:30 PM
I don't think they are ever removed.

David Woodruff
06-03-2010, 1:50 PM
David,

The thread is 7 years old.

I suggest your reply will go unnoticed.

Thanks, still learning my way around Sawmill, the post probably still applies to some of the cheap stuff.......david Woodruff