PDA

View Full Version : Replacement ROS pad for PC333

Doug Arndt
04-18-2007, 5:45 PM
Have the PC333 ROS sander, and the H&L pad has lost it's grip.

Do these things wear out rather quickly ?
Will a 8 hole pad from the PC343 work on the PC333 (to replace the 5 hole)?
Where to find it ?

Ray Bersch
04-18-2007, 5:53 PM
I have gone through two in four years and I would consider that "rather quickly." This is my primary sander but understand that this is a hobby not a profession so there is not constant use. I like the sander so I just grin and bear it. I can't comment on the exchange you questioned but if you have one don't hesitate to try it, taking the pad off is very easy so you won't invest more than a few minutes in the effort.

Ray

gary rogers
04-18-2007, 7:05 PM
I just replaced the pads on mine, I have two of them. The best price I found is at Tool Parts Direct.com. You might want to order the rubber belt and change that too while you have it apart.

Joe Chritz
04-18-2007, 7:09 PM
One of mine lasted a long time. One didn't.

I read somewhere that heat will kill the hook and loop quickly and if you bear on the sander a bit it will kill the pad much faster. I suspect that is what killed my second pad.

I found a couple replacements local and on sale once. Next time I will be searching for a good place to get two.

Joe

Keith Outten
04-18-2007, 7:23 PM
Doug,

I just bought a couple replacement pads for my PC-333 ROS at Woodcraft. The receipt is still in my pocket...$18.99 each

Hoa Dinh
04-18-2007, 7:36 PM
Check Home Depot if you have one around. My local stores carry replacement pads for DW and PC. IIRC, the PC pad is $15 and the DW is $17.

I think the DW pad (with 8 holes) also fits the PC.

Jason Roehl
04-18-2007, 9:48 PM
Another direction--there are kits available that allow you to sand off the remainder of the old hooks, and glue on a new hook layer--not having to replace the whole pad. IIRC, $7 gets you the kit, good for two replacements. I think the hooks are stronger and longer-lasting, too. I got mine at the blue-flavored BORG.

Bruce Wrenn
04-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Both Klingspor and Woodworkers Supply sell replacement pads. The ones I got from Klingspor, outlasted the ones I got that were made by 3-M

Doug Arndt
04-19-2007, 1:42 PM
Thanks all, a whole bunch of leads

Jason, that's an interesting idea, could even leave off the hooks and return to PSA.