PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial for using What the Font?

Scott Shepherd
04-18-2007, 10:27 AM
In the latest Corel newsletter, they had a link to a logo creation tutorial from Advanced Artists. I watched it and learned a lot (it's long, so clear some time). I also went to their site and looked at the list of free tutorials and found a very interesting one that might be useful to many here.

I've used whatthefont.com several times and it's served me well. Using it is easy once you do it once or twice.

Here's a link to a tutorial on how to use whatthefont.com. I thought it was well done.

Hope it helps someone.

http://www.advancedartist.com/video/whatthefont.html

Check out any of the free tutorials, they are well done.

Mark Koenig
04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Hey Scott,
Thanks for the tip!!! I am new to Corel and have been looking for free tutorials...

Jeanette Brewer
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
I was going to try to "clean up" this page a little before publishing it but, since you specifically mentioned Corel tutorials, I thought I'd fling this page out on the public.

Sure would love to hear back from you if you find any of these particularly helpful!

http://www.engravingconcepts.com/Corel%20Tutorial%20Links.htm

Scott Shepherd
04-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the page of links! Using Whatthefont.com is a powerful resource, but I really get a lot from watching people use Corel.

In a previous post I mentioned how much I learned from watching Roy Brewer do his tutorials, and I got the same from these tutorials.

There are just tiny tidbits of information that are real gems. You don't get any of them from reading the books. You get them from watching people who have mastered it, like Roy, and the people at Advanced Artists, and you learn techniques and tips that are worth a fortune (well, as least I get those tips from them).

It takes some time to sit through a 30 minute tutorial that's slow moving, but somewhere in those 30 minutes, you'll see a couple of tips that you'll use every day from now on.

I say this from someone with zero Corel training, so perhaps it's not useful to those who know Corel well, but it's sure helpful to me and I'm grateful that people like Roy and others take the time to share them with us all.