PDA

View Full Version : A promotional idea with example

Larry Bratton
04-17-2007, 7:06 PM
I made a plaque a few days ago for my main millwork and mouldings supplier (for my construction related business) It had his cataloque cover and logo etc on it and basically was a gift to them that thanked them for being a great supplier. The guy loved it, and said could we change the theme so he could buy them to send out to his customers. It gave me the idea to make this to send to some of my better contractor customers. This of course, is a great conversation starter. Not an expensive thing, but I can guarantee I will get more business from it and probably laser projects too. Let me know what your thoughts are on this approach.:cool:

Belinda Barfield
04-18-2007, 7:57 AM
Great idea and great work! I'm guessing you'll get a lot of laser business from this. Remind folks it's never too early to order for the Holiday season!

Abdul Baseer Hai
04-18-2007, 8:50 AM
Larry
How did you get the beautiful contrast on the maple?
I have about 30 of exactly the same Maple/Walnut plaques and you have given me a good idea.
Settings please
Abdul

Larry Bratton
04-18-2007, 2:57 PM
Abdul;
That's not maple, it's alder. I don't know that I did anything special. I did process the bitmap graphics with Photograv and I ran them first at 300 dpi 25spd 100pwr. Then the lettering I did at 600dpi, 45spd, 100pwr. I cleaned and polished it with Orange Glo citrus based cleaner and furniture polish.
If you send these out to your customers, they won't even think of doing business with anybody else. Cheap ad..I think those plaques are around $9.00 from JDS. I have some more in the mill now. Good luck with them.

Larry Bratton
04-18-2007, 3:00 PM
Thank you Belinda. Send a couple of those out to your aircraft and yacht manufacturers. Can't hurt :)

Nancy Laird
04-18-2007, 3:48 PM
Larry, did you do color fill on those plaques?

What a great idea--we might just borrow it.

Nancy

Larry Bratton
04-18-2007, 4:49 PM
Nancy:
Nope, no fill, just plain ole natural lasered brown. Help yourself to the idea.

When you do your fills on wood, what do you use? I posted a marble plaque on here that I filled with white acrylic paint and it looked good. Haven't tried any wood yet, but I'm interested so I could have some color.

Nancy Laird
04-18-2007, 5:38 PM
Larry, I've sent you a PM

Nancy