PDA

View Full Version : MS Office - Outlook Gurus?

Russ Filtz
04-17-2007, 6:08 PM
OK, I had to reinstall windows recently and and I also installed Office 2002 and started using Outlook for email as before. Now everytime I try to reply to an email it tries to pop up Word to do the reply and tends to lock up. I have to do "end process" on Word in Task Manager to get control back in Outlook and the normal Outlook reply window pops up.

I found one area that had something about "Use Word" to reply, but the box was unchecked? Never did this before.

Jim Becker
04-17-2007, 7:52 PM
Go into the options and change the editor back to Outlook, rather than word.

Ken Garlock
04-17-2007, 8:07 PM
Jim has you on the correct track.

More specifically, go to tools/options/mail format/message format. Then remove the check-mark from 'use word to edit E-mail messages' box in the message format paragraph. Don't forget to click on the apply button....

Russ Filtz
04-17-2007, 10:01 PM
OK, I was there before and I swear the little button by Word was unchecked. This time I went in and it was checked! Seems to be working now, thanks!

David G Baker
04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Microsoft folks are tricky little devils aren't they?

John A Walker
04-18-2007, 7:20 AM
I reckon you mean a P.I.T.B?

John :mad: :)

David G Baker
04-18-2007, 5:09 PM
John,
Not Microsoft, they would never do anything to complicate our computer lives.
I keep watching that Mac commercial that has been running on TV, at the same time thinking can the Mac really be that trouble free?
Looks like Russ may have his problem solved. That was one of the easy ones. I am still using Office 97 but don't use Outlook or Outlook express for my E-mail. I often compose and spell/grammar check in Word prior to doing a copy/paste into my sent E-mail.
Microsoft does have a few good points.