PDA

View Full Version : Signing Work

Dale Stagg
04-17-2007, 6:06 PM
Newbie to this site. How are most of you guys or gals signing your work. Using a felt tip? Burning? Laser? Just wondering.

Nancy Laird
04-17-2007, 6:12 PM
Dale, Sharpies are your friends. That's the usual method, except for those "pros" who have gotten branding irons.

Nancy

Mike Vickery
04-17-2007, 6:30 PM
I use a silver Metallic pen to sign my stuff. Personally I think it looks better than a sharpie. I am not sure what brand but you can get them at most office supply stores. I have not used it long enough to comment on how it holds up though, but so far no problems.
If I ever get good enough I with my pyrography pen I would like to burn the signature in.

Neal Addy
04-17-2007, 8:00 PM
Razortip burner with a .08" ball writing tip.

I used a sharpie for a long time but had problems with it staying permanent. Excess handling and/or refinishing a piece tends to take it right off.

Leo Pashea
04-17-2007, 8:11 PM
Sharpie marker will fade away over time, and disappear or become to faint to read. I use a fine tipped Dremel Engraver to sign work. Permanent, and is vibration adjustable, which enables consistant results on varying hardness charactaristics.

Stan Cook
04-17-2007, 8:40 PM
I scanned my signature and use a laser to sign my work.

Dale Stagg
04-17-2007, 9:44 PM
Thanks, I tried a Sharpie before spraying Laquer and dissapeared and the ink melted into wood. Not good results. Could only dream of a laser. Will try the fold pen, sound reasonable.