PDA

View Full Version : Borderfree and Canada Post

Grant Wilkinson
04-17-2007, 3:58 PM
Since this is the "off topic" forum, I hope the moderators will allow this post to stand.
I would like to be contacted by anyone who has ordered woodworking tools or materials, or anything else for that matter, and who used the Borderfree checkout option offered by the US retailer.
I have information that leads me to believe that Borderfree has overcharged Canadians.

Grant Wilkinson
Ottawa ON

Scott Loven
04-17-2007, 4:36 PM
I saw that woodcraft is on the list, what is the markup above their already high prices?
I have been selling to Canada for years and only ship via the USPS as they seem to have the lowest impact in terms of total cost.
Scott

Grant Wilkinson
04-17-2007, 4:46 PM
Scott

It was my Woodcraft order that got me started on this. The buyer can choose either US checkout or Borderfree checkout. Until I started my beef with Borderfree, they were adding in Canadian Customs duty on duty free items. Then, when Borderfree's broker filed the customs entry, they correctly entered the goods duty free. Borderfree pocketed the excess. I imagine that they have scammed Canadians for millions this way.
Borderfree is Canada Post, but the goods move from the retailer using a US courier. They take them to a drop point in the US near the border, then Canada Post comes over and gets them.
If enough people come forward with shipments that Borderfree did the same scam on, I'll start a class action suit in the ontario courts.