PDA

View Full Version : Stabilized Spalted Maple

Ernie Kuhn
12-28-2003, 2:48 PM
Help!!!
Is there a place in Washington State that I can get this slab of spalted maple "stabilized" (clear plastic resin injected?). It's about 7/8" thick, 26" long and 6+" wide. Hope the pictures work.
T.I.A.
Ernie

Ernie Kuhn
12-29-2003, 1:18 AM
Help!!!
Is there a place in Washington State that I can get this slab of spalted maple "stabilized" (clear plastic resin injected?). It's about 7/8" thick, 26" long and 6+" wide. Hope the pictures work.
T.I.A.
Ernie
Maybe, I should widen my area? Does anyone know of somewhere in the Northwest? Oregon, Idaho, Montana, etc.?
Help
Thanks

Scott Greaves
12-29-2003, 8:18 AM
Hi Ernie,

There are darn few places that do this kind of stabilization. As far as I know they are back East. And it's not cheap. If you're serious about getting this piece stabilized, call Bill Baumbeck at Arizonasilhouette.com and get his ideas on the subject. He knows as much about it as anybody I know. I buy all my stabilized pen blanks from him. Good Luck!

Scott.

Ernie Kuhn
12-29-2003, 9:32 PM
Hi Ernie,

If you're serious about getting this piece stabilized, call Bill Baumbeck at Arizonasilhouette.com and get his ideas on the subject.

Scott.

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the information. I went to his web site and will send him an email message tonite along with the two pictures. I hate to only make pens out of this piece, was hoping to get it stabilized and use for music box or jewelry box top panel.

If it's too spendy, it's pens and firewood.

Again thankyou,

I'll let you know what I hear from Bill

Ernie